Need some BRA advice from other large breasted women (DD F FF)

kajunkruisers

I lost weight (and my boobs shrank, thank god!) but now i need new bras. i'd forgotten how expensive the brand / style bra i wear are, i wear Panache style 3376. I had gotten all the way up to to a 38 GG but now I'm somewhere around a DD. Anyhow, I'm hoping maybe yall can direct me to a different brand that is still supportive without being too decorative or old fashion'ish. I'll try to add a photo of the style bra i'm looking for (specifically a 2 prong hook)

Edited by kajunkruisers
need to delete

After swearing them off for years, I recently purchased two bras from Victoria's Secret and I love them. Great support and the price was right. Some styles were better than others so I recommend trying a few different models.

Other brands I like are Natori and Chantelle. They are a bit pricey full price but I can regularly find them at a great discount at Nordstrom Rack.

Wacoal. Oh, you'll pay -- but they are great. Most of their styles include underwires. If you have a Belk in your area, they offer a "Wacoal club". You get a kind of "punch card" and when you buy -- is it six? -- bras, you get one free.

I could be wrong on six -- don't be upset if I'm wrong.

thanks everyone for the replies.....

Lookat Olga front closure. By far most comfortable I wear a 42DD

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I love front hook buthaven’t been able to wear them for years! I’ll have to give it a try, it justneeds to have really good strap support

Afterswearing them off for years, I recently purchased two bras from Victoria'sSecret and I love them. Great support and the price was right. Some styles werebetter than others so I recommend trying a few different models.

Other brands I like are Natori and Chantelle. They are a bit pricey full pricebut I can regularly find them at a great discount at Nordstrom Rack.

I’m not a store shopperanyhow but I really dislike that store, can’t explain but it just seems gearedto young 20 something’s. We don’t have a Nordstrom here

Fantasiebras are my favorite brand. Most are two hooks. They are a little on the priceyside, but last a long time.

Yayyy I ordered some fantasieswim tops yesterday!! Hopefully they’ll fit and I’ll know my size in their bras

Wacoal.Oh, you'll pay -- but they are great. Most of their styles include underwires.If you have a Belk in your area, they offer a "Wacoal club". You geta kind of "punch card" and when you buy -- is it six? -- bras, youget one free.

I could be wrong on six -- don't be upset if I'mwrong.

I tried Wacoal when I wasjumbo sized and they were very uncomfortable in a stiff straight jacket kind ofway LOL maybe it was the style but I never tried again. And we don’t have aBelk in the area either..apparently I’m really missing out here LOL

Other brands I like are Natori and Chantelle. They are a bit pricey full price but I can regularly find them at a great discount at Nordstrom Rack.

I agree about Natori and Chantelle...I wear those brands almost exclusively. They can be pricey but I think they're worth it. They wear beautifully, last a long time, don't get wonky when you wash them etc I buy mine at Nordstrom during the half yearly sale and sometimes pick them up Nordstrom Rack or when HauteLook features them.

Everyone is different, but I like the "Aeria" (34DD) and "Rive Gauche" (34DD) by Chantelle, and "Feathers" (34DDD) and "Custom Coverage" (34DD) by Natori

Chantelle Aeria

http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/chantelle-intimates-aeria-underwire-spacer-bra/4278212?origin=coordinating-4278212-0-4-PDP_1-recbot-fbt_similar_items&recs_placement=PDP_1&recs_strategy=fbt_similar_items&recs_source=recbot&recs_page_type=product

Chantelle Rive Gauche

http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/chantelle-intimates-rive-gauche-underwire-bra/3035131?origin=keywordsearch-personalizedsort&fashioncolor=BLACK

Natori Feathers

http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/natori-feathers-underwire-contour-bra/4771810?origin=keywordsearch-personalizedsort&fashioncolor=BOYSENBERRY%2F%20NEON%20PINK

Natori Custom Coverage

http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/natori-rose-dream-custom-coverage-underwire-bra/4610910?origin=coordinating-4610910-0-2-PDP_1-recbot-fbt_similar_items&recs_placement=PDP_1&recs_strategy=fbt_similar_items&recs_source=recbot&recs_page_type=product

We don’t have a Nordstrom here

What's great about Nordstrom is that they have free shipping/free returns...all the time. So you could order a few different sizes/styles and then keep what you wanted...or heck, if nothing worked out - slap the return label on the box and just return them for a full refund. ;)

I'm currently 40 DD and have been pretty much every size between 34G and 42DDD (young, thin, big boobs, then reduction, then gained weight, then lost weight, then gained more weight ;-) My "daily" bra is Bali Live It Up. I like seamless with underwire, NO padding in the cups and lightly padded straps. I've tried all the fancy brands and haven't found one I like. I'd spend the money if I liked it ;-)

One front closure bra I liked I found on Amazon of all places - La Isla women's full coverage no padding...

For sports bras, my favorite is the Maia model from Moving Comfort :-) Got a new one during the Nordstrom anniversary sale for a great price :-)

I am a 40 G - finding anything that does not feel like a straight jacket or just does not work! is a job.

OK - I did NOT want to go into this store - but I was desperate and all the stores recommended just do not have my size.

Lane Bryant - OK! I know! But they have the larger sizes in pretty styles and they actually are "engineered" for large busted women. I caught a sale where I got the second one for 50% off so paid less for two than I normally pay for one (that breaks down or does not fit) Also got a $25 coupon off for the next one.

Anyway, give them a try - at least for bras- if nothing else.

My vote is with Soma. I fnd the bras to be well made, comfortable and supportive. I more recently tried some Victoria's Secret bras, and they are better than they used to be.

With both brands, some straps can be criss crossed to a racerback, which I love with so many of today's tops and dresses. A strapless bra just doesn't fit the same (although sometimes it's the only option), and I find the silicone type gel they use to keep the bra in place very irritating to my skin. It's great to have another option.

However, a lot of support comes from the straps, which are thinner on a VS bra than Soma.

I try to find things that don't feel too matronly.

As to front hook bras, they don't work well for me but they may for you. I feel like I need to adjust a bit. Most people aren't a perfect 36, 38, 40 around, and with a front hook, you can't adjust that band fit.

I don't like that I can't get my size in a Soma store (to try on and see if I like it/it fits) nor that most styles that do come in my size have padding. And they charge shipping most of the time (and I guess I haven't liked any I've seen enough to sign up for emails to be notified of sales/free shipping to order something to try on.....)

If you have large cups but a small band (very hard to fit), there are a few Polish brands that could work. Have to order, going to cost more - but hey, if you're a hard to fit size, you're going to be used to that :* "Ewa Michalak" and "Comexim".....

I'm a 40DD in most brands, and I love PrimaDonna bras. In my opinion they do a really good job of comfortable, attractive, and supportive bras for large bustlines. I'm going to look at some of the other brands mentioned here, but right now PrimaDonna is my favourite. I personally don't like lined bras that stand up on their own (don't work well with my asymmetrical set), so places like Lane Bryant are out, and I'm too big for places like Victoria Secret, who might be good for smaller women with large busts.

I agree with the WACOAL suggestion..........Dillard's (if you have one near you) has a big selection......lots of different

styles, colors and sizes.

Another vote for Wacoal. They have the most comfortable strapless bra for large sizes as well - it is so comfortable I wear it as my regular bra half the time. It is called the Convertible Red Carpet bra. It has a lot of hooks in the back but it is soooo comfortable and stays in place, all while holding you up. Cannot say enough good things about it.

Look up Kwixwear. My new fave travel bra. 3 hooks, but it is REVERSIBLE and the straps convert from normal to x-back. Buy online at their website. I have it with me now (I'm on a mini trip with the girls in Palm Springs). One side nude and the other grey-works with all I brought.

I'm a 40DD in most brands, and I love PrimaDonna bras. In my opinion they do a really good job of comfortable, attractive, and supportive bras for large bustlines. I'm going to look at some of the other brands mentioned here, but right now PrimaDonna is my favourite. I personally don't like lined bras that stand up on their own (don't work well with my asymmetrical set), so places like Lane Bryant are out, and I'm too big for places like Victoria Secret, who might be good for smaller women with large busts.

Thank You! Looks like I will finally be able to find a balcony bra in my size! With all the bateau necklines these days it has not been easy keeping the straps where they belong, hidden!

I wear a 32GG...very difficult size to find, especially since I only wear seamless. I mostly wear Panache and Fantasie.

My tip is to find a bra you like, then look for it on eBay. I've found the styles I like for at least half the price. HerRoom.com and BareNeccessities.com are good, too, when they have sales.

Thanks for the ideas for some other brands. I will try them, too.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I had torn tendons in my shoulder and couldn't fasten my bras, went on the hunt for a front closure and ended up at Torrid. Probably the most I have spent but they fit great, stay in place, have the racerback straps and were absolutely wonderful. Try Torrids, can look on line.

• 2 months later...

If you have a Dillard's nearby, please go in for a fitting. I am a 34G. A two hook just doesn't get it, the band is too narrow to provide the support that I need. Wacoal is the go-to but they also carry some other brands that are really great.

I swore off Victoria's Secret years ago. They normally don't carry anything above a DD and everything is padded. It either gives me quadra-boob (there should be two, not four) or maximizes my breasts so much that my shirts won't fit properly. They simply don't hold up for the price.

Look up Kwixwear. My new fave travel bra. 3 hooks, but it is REVERSIBLE and the straps convert from normal to x-back. Buy online at their website. I have it with me now (I'm on a mini trip with the girls in Palm Springs). One side nude and the other grey-works with all I brought.

This. Changes. EVERYTHING!

A wee bit expensive but looks so worth it!

I wear a 32GG...very difficult size to find, especially since I only wear seamless. I mostly wear Panache and Fantasie.

My tip is to find a bra you like, then look for it on eBay. I've found the styles I like for at least half the price. HerRoom.com and BareNeccessities.com are good, too, when they have sales.

Thanks for the ideas for some other brands. I will try them, too.

Wow! And I thought my 32D was tough to find!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums