AMA Waterways laundry service

TravlGrl

I thought I took a picture of the price list but apparently I no longer have it. I remember from last year that it was reasonable if that is any help.

Jane

My only real reference is what we've paid on Celebrity. I think it's $20 for all we can fit into one bag.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

My only real reference is what we've paid on Celebrity. I think it's $20 for all we can fit into one bag.

My frame of reference is also with Celebrity--I'm somewhat addicted to them--but recently completed my first two river cruises with AMA Waterways [the first on AmaStella] and, though I haven't retained a copy of their laundry price list, can offer my observations...

• In total I traveled for four weeks [eleven days of pre-cruise land touring in Poland and Czechia, a week on the Danube, an intermediate three nights of land touring in Budapest and Lucerne, and ending with an additional week on the Rhine aboard AmaSonata]... In the interest of traveling light in the context of my itinerary, I did give the laundry services aboard both AMA boats a workout...
  • It is my impression that AMA's pricing--on a per piece basis--is roughly comparable to and perhaps modestly less than Celebrity's current "per piece" laundry pricing [which you can find at the FAQ section of Celebrity's website]... AMA does a very professional job--to my mind, a bit better than Celebrity--with overnight turnaround...
  • AMA did not--on either of my sailings with them--offer flat dollar "stuff a bag" laundry promotions as Celebrity sometimes does [with respect, Celebrity's pricing for that promotion is now a good bit more--perhaps in the $35/$40 range [my Captain's Club status now provides me with unlimited free laundry]--than you recall...

Despite the laundry expense, on balance I'm still glad I chose to travel light in terms of maneuverability, convenience, and potential airline excess baggage fees...

Loved AMA! Enjoy your trip!

My frame of reference is also with Celebrity--I'm somewhat addicted to them--but recently completed my first two river cruises with AMA Waterways [the first on AmaStella] and, though I haven't retained a copy of their laundry price list, can offer my observations...

• In total I traveled for four weeks [eleven days of pre-cruise land touring in Poland and Czechia, a week on the Danube, an intermediate three nights of land touring in Budapest and Lucerne, and ending with an additional week on the Rhine aboard AmaSonata]... In the interest of traveling light in the context of my itinerary, I did give the laundry services aboard both AMA boats a workout...
  • It is my impression that AMA's pricing--on a per piece basis--is roughly comparable to and perhaps modestly less than Celebrity's current "per piece" laundry pricing [which you can find at the FAQ section of Celebrity's website]... AMA does a very professional job--to my mind, a bit better than Celebrity--with overnight turnaround...
  • AMA did not--on either of my sailings with them--offer flat dollar "stuff a bag" laundry promotions as Celebrity sometimes does [with respect, Celebrity's pricing for that promotion is now a good bit more--perhaps in the $35/$40 range [my Captain's Club status now provides me with unlimited free laundry]--than you recall...

Despite the laundry expense, on balance I'm still glad I chose to travel light in terms of maneuverability, convenience, and potential airline excess baggage fees...

Loved AMA! Enjoy your trip!

Thank you so much! We'll plan to use the laundry service, as we really don't care for checking any bags which allows us to travel light. Returning our clothing in one day is a big BONUS!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...

We extensively used AMA's laundry service on the AMAPrima and AMASonata and it is great and reasonably priced. We packed light for our second cruise because it was so handy and relatively inexpensive. If you leave it in your room as you go to Breakfast, it will often be back that afternoon/evening. I don't have exact prices but is definitely cheaper than hotel laundry prices. Note that they do NOT do dry cleaning, only laundry.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 8 months later...