How much is too much?

MMoore1851

So hopefully we will be getting on Carnival Dream in New Orleans on Sunday (go away Nate) and I'm thinking about organizing and storage. Three of us (two adults and one child) in a Grand Suite. I think I have enough hanging space, but I'm thinking I need organization. Is this too much? A drying octopus from IKEA, two hanging organizers and a hamper?Download-File?file=%2Falbums%2Fd185%2Fmmoore1851%2FIMG_8276_zps17numsex.jpg

Picture didn’t load :(

Use the provided paper bag as a hamper or a mesh sweater bag for laundry.

Can’t see needing the extra shelves. Double and triple up on hangars.

The Octopus might be a good idea if you can find a thinner one. The one from Ikea is huge. Where you going to hang it? I’d be afraid the weight would break the clothesline. Cannot hang it from the balcony.

We survived a triple in a Miracle OV with only three extra hooks for our Alaska jackets.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We bring a plastic trash bag to serve as a laundry bag, and take advantage of Norwegian's bargain bag laundry day, to get our wash done. We try to limit the amount of shoes, to 3 per person, one or two sunhats, and 1 purse and 1 evening bag for me. We tend to do 10-14 day cruises.

So hopefully we will be getting on Carnival Dream in New Orleans on Sunday (go away Nate) and I'm thinking about organizing and storage. Three of us (two adults and one child) in a Grand Suite. I think I have enough hanging space, but I'm thinking I need organization. Is this too much? A drying octopus from IKEA, two hanging organizers and a hamper?

I don't see any point in any of these items:

- You can hang drying items on a hanger in the shower, or on a chair on your balcony.

- You'll have plenty of shelves in your bathroom and desk/dresser area without hauling along an organizer.

- Easier than a hamper: Put an open suitcase in the bottom of your closet and toss in dirty items. When the suitcase is full, zip it up ... not you're partially packed for home.

• 3 weeks later...

- Easier than a hamper: Put an open suitcase in the bottom of your closet and toss in dirty items. When the suitcase is full, zip it up ... not you're partially packed for home.

I would suggest putting dirty clothes in a bag...to help keep the inside of your luggage clean for your next trip .

I line my suitcases with clean trash bags & make sure one is on top of the clothes. If you’ve ever had your suitcase left out in the rain you’ll do this too! On return home all the dirty clothes go into the trash bags.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I line my suitcases with clean trash bags & make sure one is on top of the clothes. If you’ve ever had your suitcase left out in the rain you’ll do this too! On return home all the dirty clothes go into the trash bags.

I use to do that too. Now we carry ours on and off the ship. But, it is a great way to keep clothing nice and dry.

I also do that too & everything else in plastic bags. Cause on one cruise coming home...someone had a bottle of booze in their check in baggage and it broke. My bag had to be under it cause it was soaked with booze. Thank goodness we were heading home and didn't need the clothes. Now I keep everything in some sort of plastic bags or dry cleaner bags in my luggage!! Once was enough for that happening!!!