Help!

knitdiva

Hello to everyone reading this.

We are in the process of getting ready for ou Mother/Son cruise in November on Allure of the Seas. My sister told me her son is dead set on wearing a tux for the formal nights. His mom (my sister) is an amazing mother to 4 kids under the age of 9, she is a gifted surgeon, she is involved in her community (she organized a summer camp for the kids in her community last summer). Her older son (9) is my godson and I really want to make the tux happen for him. He was born with part of a foot missing, wears a prosthetic foot and is very, very brave. I am very prood of him and my sister. Nobody would know he had any health issue looking at him as he is involved in sports, school, teaching other kids amputees how to deal with their differences. We can't rent a tux from RCCL as he is not yet big enough to fit in a man's tux. They live in a small town in Canada away from big box chains who might be able to sell and tailor a tux for him. If anyone has any suggestion to make this dream happen for him, I would be a very grateful auntie. I would attempt sewing one but he lives 500 miles away. Thanks.

I third the thought about thrift stores.

Our town has an online site called Nextdoor, on which people post items they have or want (much more local than craigslist). If you have anything like that, it might be a worthwhile query. I imagine some youngster took part in a wedding, got a tuxedo, and has now outgrown it. You never know!

Best of luck. It's really cool that he wants it. Maybe he will grow up to be as debonair as my DH and all the other men in tuxedoes that I love to see on cruises.