The Last Jedi?

MarsMc888

So I saw that last year’s Dream Cruise over Christmas featured several screenings of Rogue One. What do you Disney experts think about the Dream screening The Last Jedi this year? The last few Star Wars have been Christmas releases, have they regularly featured the others? I would love to avoid going to the local theater if possible! Thanks! :D

Edited by MarsMc888
typo

Disney traditionally shows recent Disney-distributed releases on the ship - the most recent one is usually features in the main theater for the nightly show one night. Since Disney now distributes both Marvel and Star Wars movies, they are premEARed and shown on the ships just like any other Disney movie.

Exactly as Loonbeam said. I've never seen a Disney/Marvel/Star Wars release that didn't have a PremEar at Sea and then multiple showings over the next many cruises. Movies tend to hang around longer on the ships than on land. However, they turn over on the Dream faster than on the ships doing longer cruises (you can only show so many films in 4 days!). And NOTHING can be guaranteed

You can call DCL within 2 weeks of your cruise and get an accurate list of what is scheduled for your sailing, but all entertainment is subject to change.

December's Rogue One (Jyn is a spoiled brat! :mad: ) and November's Dr. Strange were still playing in frequent rotation with Moana when I Wondered last February. So if you're asking if SW and Marvel "qualify", yes.

I'd stayed away from the November/December theaters just to catch them on the trip, and the 3-D showings were a little hard to synch with my dinner, Castaway and show-times, but they had those too.

If you're asking about a Last Jedi PremEAR, that would be the very week of the Christmas opening, but with nothing new opening in January, they should be playing regular screenings after the rest of December, as, no doubt, will Thor: Ragnarok.

Edited by EJanss

On the Magic 12/152015 cruise, I found the Navigator that showed you can pick up tickets for the screening of Force Awakens. I am sailing this year on 12/10 and hoping they will be doing the same again. Official release is 12/15, I had tickets for a 12/14 showing here at home that I canceled for the cruise.

We were on one cruise where the line outside the WDT for the PremEar got so long that they did a simultaneous showing in the BVT. This was for one of the Marvel films. It was shown again twice the next day as well. NOTE--when there is a PremEar, the film schedule normally doesn't show the repeat screenings for the following days. They pretend it is a big surprise thing. They will put the repeat showings in the Navigator.

I'm going on Magic Oct 28th- November 4th; Thor Ragnarok releases the 2nd.

Crossing my fingers.

I've never seen a Disney film or one from an owned company (like a Marvel or Star Wars film) that didn't have a PremEar at sea. Sometimes they happen on films that Disney distributes as well. Films released under the Touchstone or Miramax labels are more spotty--they may or may not show on the ships. I expect your fingers will do well for you!

I am on the Dream for the Dec 15-18 2017 cruise. It looks like the release date for the Last Jedi is 12/15. Is it likely I will be able to see the last Jedi on my cruise? How do i go about getting tickets in advance?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I am on the Dream for the Dec 15-18 2017 cruise. It looks like the release date for the Last Jedi is 12/15. Is it likely I will be able to see the last Jedi on my cruise? How do i go about getting tickets in advance?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

If the release date is 12/15, it is almost a sure thing that it will be shown several times during your cruise. Normally there are no tickets for movies on the ship--you just show up at the designated theatre before the film starts and have a seat. Since this is likely to be a very popular film, it is possible that DCL will make tickets available (so that they don't have to turn away people at the door). In this case, the time and location to get tickets will be listed in the Navigator. You will get the entire movie schedule in your room on embarkation day so you can see how many showings are planned and choose which you might like to attend.

I have never seen movie tickets available prior to the cruise.

If the release date is 12/15' date=' it is almost a sure thing that it will be shown several times during your cruise. Normally there are no tickets for movies on the ship--you just show up at the designated theatre before the film starts and have a seat. Since this is likely to be a very popular film, it is possible that DCL will make tickets available (so that they don't have to turn away people at the door). In this case, the time and location to get tickets will be listed in the Navigator. You will get the entire movie schedule in your room on embarkation day so you can see how many showings are planned and choose which you might like to attend.

I have never seen movie tickets available prior to the cruise.[/quote']

The PremEAR is a special cruise event, so it's likely to be treated as one, on the signup events, at the appropriate time and place where you sign up for your events.

The regular rotation, as noted, is first-come first-serve, and if there are additional showings afterwards (maybe same day?), no reservations necessary, although you'll definitely want to get there early.

The PremEAR is a special cruise event, so it's likely to be treated as one, on the signup events, at the appropriate time and place where you sign up for your events.

The regular rotation, as noted, is first-come first-serve, and if there are additional showings afterwards (maybe same day?), no reservations necessary, although you'll definitely want to get there early.

If it comes out on the 15th, the cruise that disembarks that day will most likely be the one to get the PremEAR as that it at midnight on release day. (I have heard of them occasionally doing the PremEAR at 10:30 or so, but bottom line is it will happen for the cruise before the OPs.

It will almost 100% be shown during the OP's cruise, but it will likely have had the PremEAR the night before.

(I have also never heard of them ticketing the PremEARs.)

The PremEar is typically at 12;01am, and in this case would involve the cruise before the poster's cruise. I have attended at least 3 of the "real" PremEar showings, and none were ticketed. As I said before, one was for one of the Avengers films (sorry, not my taste, but I agreed to go with family). That was the one where due to the length of the line for seating at the WDT, they announced a simultaneous showing in the BVT. Yes, this was done as an "event" with cardboard cutouts that people were posing with, posters, etc. We were told that there was sufficient seating when the two theatres were combined...and I know the film showed several more times during the cruise--I refused to see it again the next day.

The PremEar of "UP" in 2009 was great, but not the crowd like for the more popular films. We had no problem getting 6 seats together in the WDT.

I've never seen tickets for a PremEar at Sea. The only time I've seen a PremEar showing before 12:01 Eastern time was when the ship was in another time zone and it showed at 12:01 in that zone. Not to say that it doesn't happen, but it doesn't happen often!

There are often other showings called PremEars shortly after a film debut, but they don't typically have the hoop-la of a real PremEar at Sea.

I've been on DCL for the last 2 SW premiers (and I'm going on another one this Dec!). Both times, I was on the cruise on the night BEFORE it premiered, and both times they showed the movie starting around 10pm for 2nd seating - it may have been earlier for early seating. You did get tickets - time was based on your dinner time (early vs. late) and you could choose 3d or 2d (one in WDT, one in BVT). I assume that since you can see it on land on Thursday night, that is why the release it before midnight on the ship. I have heard that if you board the ship the day OF the movie release (i.e., Friday, they will hold off and do it as an event in the theater (instead of a show) one night. This might even be the case for a couple weeks after it comes out.

Also, on the Magic at least, they sell SW souvenirs, popcorn bowls, cups, t-shirts, etc.

I've been on DCL for the last 2 SW premiers (and I'm going on another one this Dec!). Both times, I was on the cruise on the night BEFORE it premiered, and both times they showed the movie starting around 10pm for 2nd seating - it may have been earlier for early seating. You did get tickets - time was based on your dinner time (early vs. late) and you could choose 3d or 2d (one in WDT, one in BVT). I assume that since you can see it on land on Thursday night, that is why the release it before midnight on the ship. I have heard that if you board the ship the day OF the movie release (i.e., Friday, they will hold off and do it as an event in the theater (instead of a show) one night. This might even be the case for a couple weeks after it comes out.

Also, on the Magic at least, they sell SW souvenirs, popcorn bowls, cups, t-shirts, etc.

For a 7-night (and perhaps a 5-night and MAYBE a 4-night) when there is not a production show scheduled every night they likely will, but I don't see them not doing one of their 3 production shows on a 3-night. Especially since the new live Beauty and the Beast will have just started in November.

• 2 weeks later...

We were on the Wonder last year when Rogue One premiered, we needed to be off the ship by 9:00AM 12/16 the day the movie was released, however they showed it at 12/16 at 12:01AM. They kept it a secret until 12/15 around the dinner time announcements. They showed the 2D in the regular theater and 3D in the WDT. needless to say didn't get much sleep that night

We were on the Wonder last year when Rogue One premiered, we needed to be off the ship by 9:00AM 12/16 the day the movie was released, however they showed it at 12/16 at 12:01AM. They kept it a secret until 12/15 around the dinner time announcements. They showed the 2D in the regular theater and 3D in the WDT. needless to say didn't get much sleep that night

This is the usual...and they pretend that it is a big surprise that they were able to get the film.

We've never seen one of the theatre production shows canceled to show a movie. On cruises longer than 3 nights, yes, we've gone to movies scheduled in the time slot normally used for shows, typically at a slightly revised time as most films are longer than the shows on DCL--still during the dinner slots, but with an earlier start.