Houston Hobby car rental with Galveston drop off

hannibal54

I did a mock booking for Enterprise out of Hobby with a Galveston drop off, they want $150.. drop off fee. It's $318.00 for 2 days, that is ridiculous. We may have to take a shuttle to Galveston then rent a car, that would be about $100.00 for the car rental. I also have to add the shuttle cost. Florida is so much easier.

I did a mock booking for Enterprise out of Hobby with a Galveston drop off, they want $150.. drop off fee. It's $318.00 for 2 days, that is ridiculous. We may have to take a shuttle to Galveston then rent a car, that would be about $100.00 for the car rental. I also have to add the shuttle cost. Florida is so much easier.

Agreed, Florida is much easier and cheaper. This will be our first and last time out of Galveston, but we will enjoy it, we don't cruise too often. We got galveston limo round trip. It was $40 per person round trip, they are dropping us off at our hotel in Galveston the day before the cruise. We will have to get a cab to the ship.

In Florida, for both Port Everglades and Miami, the airports are practically "spitting distance" to the ports. Orlando to Port Canaveral is about an hour, but more ships go out of there than Galveston.

Galveston is an hour from Houston. My understanding is that the bulk of the Galveston cruisers drive to the port, so there isn't the traffic for rental car returns as there is in Orlando/Canaveral (one way rental, but then someone able to bring the car back).

It is what it is.

If you work for a big company or a company that gets travel discounts, you might want to check with your HR dept. I was trying trying to do the same thing today but was getting the $150 fee so the price was nuts. I found out my employer has an Enterprise corporate discount code for employees and it gave me a discounted rate, no drop off fee and included damage waiver. I work for Xerox.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

If you work for a big company or a company that gets travel discounts, you might want to check with your HR dept. I was trying trying to do the same thing today but was getting the $150 fee so the price was nuts. I found out my employer has an Enterprise corporate discount code for employees and it gave me a discounted rate, no drop off fee and included damage waiver. I work for Xerox.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

That wouldn't work for me, I am retired.

Budget has a drop off location that i used in April. Dropped the car off and took Uber back to the hotel. It was like $20.00

Definitely well worth it by having a car

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Where was the drop off location and did they have a drop off fee?