Race on Castaway Cay?

dateacher

They do have a Run Disney event once a year on Castaway Cay in conjunction with marathon weekend at WDW but it sells out immediately on the day it goes on sale. I have friends that have done it.. Its different than the 5K fun run..

You can sign up at Guest Services once onboard, or at the pre run meeting the day of the race. If you are in Concierge, you can sign up thru the shore side Concierge service prior to the cruise or have the Concierge sign you up onboard.

As part of reducing the lines at Guest Services, this sign up had been moved to the Port Adventures desk. So, if one doesn't work on your cruise, check the other! Also, the correct location is noted in the Navigator.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
We weren't signed up in advance but you just had to show up early that morning to register and disembark.

True, but signing up in advance helps the staff know how many "medals" to have available, etc. Also, the quality of the medals varies--right after the big one in conjunction with the WDW marathon, they had leftover medals made of metal..nice, high quality ones that were handed out for the next few cruises. After that, it went back to the plastic ones. I don't know what they are handing out now.

You can also purchase a t-shirt with various print about the race. I've only seen them on Castaway though. Don't know if they sell them on the ships or not.

True' date=' but signing up in advance helps the staff know how many "medals" to have available, etc. Also, the quality of the medals varies--right after the big one in conjunction with the WDW marathon, they had leftover medals made of metal..nice, high quality ones that were handed out for the next few cruises. After that, it went back to the plastic ones. I don't know what they are handing out now.[/quote']

They also slightly altered the design of the rubber/plastic medals last year. The medal itself used to have the year on it (mine from 2015 is like this), the new design only has the year on the ribbon. It means they don't have to spend the additional money altering the medal design every year...