Carnival Spirt Ranked First out of 25 ships

When Carnival Spirt came to Australia it was ranked last out of 23 ships. It is now ranked first out of 25 ships.

Has anyone who cruised with this ship, when it first arrived and cruised with it recently, noticed the improvement.

CC News

Heres the link to the article referred to -

-- By Louise Goldsbury, Australia Editor

https://www.cruisecritic.com.au/news/news.cfm?ID=8165

Carnival Cruise Line’s Australia Boss Talks Ship -- Old vs New, Refurbishments and Cheapest Deals

A second year-round ship is on the way in 2019 but Carnival Cruise Line is unlikely to have a newbuild based in Australia anytime soon. The company’s vice president and general manager Australia, Jennifer Vandekreeke, described local infrastructure as “difficult”, which impacts the type of vessel that can be used on its South Pacific cruises.......

........“At the time of our first cruise in Australia, Spirit was ranked 23rd out of 23 Carnival Cruise Line ships. By 2016 we were ranked first out of 25 ships. We had to change a lot of things to deliver what Australians want,” she said. “So, thank you for supporting us and sailing with us. It has been an extraordinary five years. I’m glad we haven’t effed it up.”

It would be good to know how the rankings are done.

I haven't cruised Carnival as yet but friends have and they say they have always had a good time (and in many regards, it compares to P&O). They are fun ships. I look forward to getting on one in the future when itinerary, timing and price all scream, sail on me.

I must admit the pricing on carnival ( and P&O ) is good, just no sure about all the "fun" people, But we are looking at it with open minds and not as bigger load on the hip pocket.

Cheers Don with a G&T

The bargain priced cruises are definitely tempting.:)

Well, we've sailed on quite a few different brands and, for some reason, Carnival Spirit just ticks all the boxes. Perhaps it's the aussiefication....anyway, we're off for our third sail on her next year.

I've only sailed on the Legend. It is eye wateringly ugly. The singing waiters are a fleeting annoyance during dinner. A lot of what goes on is frankly vulgar yet I have loved both our cruises on it and have another booked. The service is probably better (not as polished but seemingly genuinely friendly and interested) than Celebrity across the board. The cabins are large. The food in the MDR is very acceptable, the buffet less so, but you strongly get the feeling that everyone of the staff wants you to have a great time and is personally invested in making that happen.

I cant get my head around these results, unless they get this ranking for being here all year round. Hubby and I cruised on Carnival Spirit last year, and would we cruise with Carnival again, probably not. There were so many issues, it was unbelievable! We were lucky it was only a short cruise to Moreton Island. The air con in our cabin didnt work and it was like a furnace, reported it to Guest Services who sent someone to come and look at it and apparently it was fine according to the reading they got. And that was it .... so despite reporting the issue repeatedly, nothing was done and we swealtered. We didnt have one dinner meal delivered that was the correct meal. Hubby told them it was wrong but chose to eat what he'd been bought, however my meal had been chosen the night before due to food allergies - Not acceptable. Layout of the buffet isnt very wheelchair friendly and I found it hard to reach anything as it was all out of my reach. No buffet staff willing to help - On RCI the Windjammer staff are willing to help as soon as they see you and your wheelchair enter through the doors.

Have also had air con issues in one of the cabins we had on one of the RCI cruises we did, they came and had a look and then fixed it within 30mins.

We did Carnival Spirit in 2006 - Hawaii - Vancouver - Alaska Inside Passage (3 weeks) it was one of our early cruises. Loved it all. Sea Days were called 'Fun Day at Sea.' Sure we had the singing waiters even back then, way before it came over here.

Staff, Service, Food, Entertainment all great, but of course the Americans expect that. Good size ship @88500 tonnes, I recollect the cabins were a decent size. When we sailed on her she was just 5 years old and in great condition.

None of that waterslide rubbish up top back then, and 99% North American Cruisers.

:cool:

My guess to the ranking thingie is carnival has 25 ships and it is was an internal Survey

also on the "üsnews" site the spirit rated 25th in the carnival fleet.

You must remember about surveys / statistics the data can be used to say white is black or white is red.

cheers Don

My guess to the ranking thingie is carnival has 25 ships and it is was an internal Survey

also on the "üsnews" site the spirit rated 25th in the carnival fleet.

You must remember about surveys / statistics the data can be used to say white is black or white is red.

cheers Don

LOL,:cool:

When Carnival Spirt came to Australia it was ranked last out of 23 ships. It is now ranked first out of 25 ships.

Has anyone who cruised with this ship, when it first arrived and cruised with it recently, noticed the improvement.

CC News

Our first cruise was a holiday cruise on the spirit, Dec 2001. Our kids sailed with us. Sweet to hear it is ranked at the very “top” - “down under”

Sent from my iPad using Forums