Live Silver Muse 10/12-10/31

kmkord

The cruise is coming to an end, but I thought I'd take this time to review a few things.

I have travelled exclusively on the luxury lines for the last few years with my last cruise being on the Regent Mariner just last month.

The Silver Muse is a beautiful ship. The common areas are beautiful, and even the classic veranda cabin I'm sailing in is quite spacious. I'm traveling solo, so I can attest to the space when shared. The design of the shower leaves a lot to be desired, but it's nice to look at. There is a towel rack that goes across the entire from of the sink vanity, and it goes too close to the toilet. Several of the ladies I met all shared matching bruises on their arms from unfortunate contact with the towel rack. Shortening by 6 inches would still give plenty of room for hand towels and remove the risk of bodily injury. I find the layout of the shower difficult as well.

My biggest issue this sailing has been with dining. The dinner menus in Atlantide, Indocine, La Taraza, Hot Rocks and the pizza restaurant have not changed the entire cruise. The grill and pizza restaurants are outside, and with weather in the 50's, I don't want to endure dining outside. I'm from a place with great Italian food and find the cuisine in La Taraza to be sub par. Breakfast in La Teraza has been very crowded. They have been using Silver Note to accommodate the overflow. Not an ideal place for breakfast with no windows. Tonight was the second formal night in a row where my group of 4 was not able to eat in Atlantide because no tables were available. The next segment has 50 more people than this one, so I don't know how they will handle the crowds.

I've met some wonderful people on this sailing but I don't think I'll sail on Silver Muse again until they solve the dining issues. I feel for the 90 people on the Grand Voyage. I'm tired of the menus after 16 days.

Edited by kmkord

Tonight was the second formal night in a row where my group of 4 was not able to eat in Atlantide because no tables were available. The next segment has 50 more people than this one, so I don't know how they will handle the crowds.

...I'm tired of the menus after 16 days.

Yikes! The next segment should be quite an adventure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks kmkord (Karen or Matt) for sharing your Muse experiences (design and dining). We board the Mariner in a few months and will do the fall crossing next year on the Spirit (the The Restaurant is being converted to Atlantide and Indochine during the Spring 2018 Silver Spirit stretch refub). Hope as they amend the Muse dining concepts that post Spirit refurb next spring, that the Spirit's Atlantide and Indochine restaurants will have menu changes during our crossing.

Stumblefoot/Brian & Amy; Fair winds and Following Pacific and South Atlantic Ocean seas as you board the Muse tomorrow. Look very forward to your reading y'alls Muse experiences. Please, when you see etual123/Gene & Lucille give them our warm regards and happy cruising well wishes too.

I know on other cruises that I’ve taken, even though the menu was fixed they did offer some daily “specials.” (The Veal Milanese, a daily specialty on the Regal Princess’ Sabatini’s restaurant was, according to my very discerning husband who lived in Italy, perfection)Were any specials offered on the Muse?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Our travel agent learned heard back from Silversea Florida on our concern about needing reservations for The Restaurant after the conversion to Atlantide and Indochine during next spring’s refurb (stretching of the Spirit):

There will be open dining on the Spirit just like it was and the way it is now on the Muse. We changed from all reservations on the Muse to open seating in Atlantide and Indochine.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Our travel agent learned heard back from Silversea Florida on our concern about needing reservations for The Restaurant after the conversion to Atlantide and Indochine during next spring’s refurb (stretching of the Spirit):

There will be open dining on the Spirit just like it was and the way it is now on the Muse. We changed from all reservations on the Muse to open seating in Atlantide and Indochine.

Well I did question how making these two restaurants open seating and removing the need to make reservations actually solved anything. (Ok I knowa few extra tables have been added to Atlantide - but said at the time, if anything it becomes first come first served and possibly even worse. ) I have asked in Spinniker2’s live thread how this all panned out because unless the menus are interchangeable across the two, in my mind it probably makes it worse and even put forward the scenario the OP had problems with.

Thanks for sharing your Muse experienced based open seating dining concerns Les. Also, look forward to hearing from spinnaker2 on her recent Muse Atlantide/Indochine dining experiences. Do know stumblefoot and etual123 are now on board the Muse (Valpariso to BA) so hopefully they can also comment on how open seating is now working.

Quick reply...spinnaker here,

I couldn't dine in Atlantide as I am severely allergic to preservatives in new carpet, drapes and upholstery.

I hope others will comment on that food venue as well.

I will return to my thread for a wrap up in the near future.

Quick reply...spinnaker here,

I couldn't dine in Atlantide as I am severely allergic to preservatives in new carpet, drapes and upholstery.

I hope others will comment on that food venue as well.

I will return to my thread for a wrap up in the near future.

Sorry to hear that, shame you couldn't get to enjoy the new, modified Atlantide.

Sent from my iPad using Forums