Can a Registered Sex Offender (Tier 1) go on a Carnival Cruise Line?

Gpsysoul74

Can a registered sex offender go on a cruise? my husband is a RSO (Tier 1) and we want to go on a cruise with our kids. By no means is my husband any danger to anyone (he was young and girl was 15). I have read all types of posts of people claiming they were denied etc. I booked a cruise from Florida to the Caribbean in January 2017 for a cruise in January 2018 and we do not require passports.

Some people claim they were notified right after booking but I booked a while back.

I really don't want any judgments just want to know if anyone has any info?

Edited by Gpsysoul74
Adding info

Can a registered sex offender go on a cruise? my husband is a RSO (Tier 1) and we want to go on a cruise with our kids. By no means is my husband any danger to anyone (he was young and girl was 15). I have read all types of posts of people claiming they were denied etc. I booked a cruise from Florida to the Caribbean in January 2017 for a cruise in January 2018 and we do not require passports.

Some people claim they were notified right after booking but I booked a while back.

Here's a recent thread covering this subject:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2543791

After reading that board the consensus was no. The original poster contacted Carnival and they told her no. I would however call them yourself and just ask a general question from your work phone. I can’t imagine someone being banned for life.....

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Probably doesn't want to leave a trail back to themselves.

Unfortunately it is what it is, and if the facts prevent him from boarding then they are running a big risk by purchasing the cruise and hoping to not be caught - with no refund available. Best to know for sure up front. No judgement here but his past is what it is and unfortunately so are the cruise line's policies.

That is what I was thinking when I suggested calling themselves.

My understanding is that Carnival does process passenger lists through lists for sex offenders, and if discovered does not allow them to cruise.

So where did you learn that Carnival checks all of their passengers for sex offenses?

So where did you learn that Carnival checks all of their passengers for sex offenses?

I read about it, I believe here.

Usually its caught before the cruise, and not when they get to the pier. From what I've read, the cost of the cruise is refunded.

No means No. Accept it and move on. Why do you need to call and ask again?

I haven't called Carnival at all. I was just asking for others experiences or maybe for someone who works for Carnival to respond. I don't have to accept anything and I'm free to ask whatever I want since there are many families in my situation. Not all whom are classified as S.O.s should be registered as such but unfortunately we will live with it. However, it doesn't hurt to ask.

I haven't called Carnival at all. I was just asking for others experiences or maybe for someone who works for Carnival to respond. I don't have to accept anything and I'm free to ask whatever I want since there are many families in my situation. Not all whom are classified as S.O.s should be registered as such but unfortunately we will live with it. However, it doesn't hurt to ask.

Completely agree, which is why I suggested you call Carnival first hand to see what they will tell you relevant to the facts regarding your situation. They - not us - will be the ones to provide the correct answer as it would apply specifically to you.

Unfortunately it is what it is, and if the facts prevent him from boarding then they are running a big risk by purchasing the cruise and hoping to not be caught - with no refund available. Best to know for sure up front. No judgement here but his past is what it is and unfortunately so are the cruise line's policies.

That is what I was thinking when I suggested calling themselves.

I booked the cruise 10 months ago and I do have insurance. I was just wondering since I had read some experiences if anyone knew for sure. That's all.

Check out this thread on CC

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2560327

DON