Cocktails on the Ships

akmday10

I have got a cruise booked on the QV in December and always like to see what cocktails they have on the menus before I go as I know they change them every so often. Looking now though, I've noticed there is fewer on all of the bar menus. I think this is a shame, as many of my favourites are now not included on the menus. I am aware you can ask for something to be made (if you or they know the ingredients) however on previous occasions they have not had some of the ingredients at hand.

I thought I was being so organised planning which cocktail I would try each night before we boarded and all for naught as they had changed the menu :loudcry: Most of the sweeter variety cocktail have gone - I suppose because stocking fruit purees & hibiscus flowers take up more space & could be seen as an unnecessary cost. Cocktail prices have risen as well :( but as I now drink fewer because fewer appeal it fortunately hasn't negatively affected our bar bill

I thought I was being so organised planning which cocktail I would try each night before we boarded and all for naught as they had changed the menu :loudcry: Most of the sweeter variety cocktail have gone - I suppose because stocking fruit purees & hibiscus flowers take up more space & could be seen as an unnecessary cost. Cocktail prices have risen as well :( but as I now drink fewer because fewer appeal it fortunately hasn't negatively affected our bar bill

Oh I’m sorry to hear that, it’s such a shame. I think every year I am disappointed by the bar menus, as they keep getting smaller and more expensive. I’m assuming that is correct, however they have managed to store them before. They have added some newer ones, but many are above the price I would normally go for.

I hope you manage to find some that you like on your cruise.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Oh I’m sorry to hear that, it’s such a shame. I think every year I am disappointed by the bar menus, as they keep getting smaller and more expensive. I’m assuming that is correct, however they have managed to store them before. They have added some newer ones, but many are above the price I would normally go for.

I hope you manage to find some that you like on your cruise.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I've downloaded a 28 page bar menu but it sounds as though it may no longer be current. Would anyone know where I can see a current menu?

Are the menus consistent across all 3 ships? I'm particularly interested in Queen Elizabeth.

Also can you go 'off bar menu' when it comes to cocktails? I'm partial to an espresso martini and can't see this on the bar list I have.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Forums mobile app

I've downloaded a 28 page bar menu but it sounds as though it may no longer be current. Would anyone know where I can see a current menu?

Are the menus consistent across all 3 ships? I'm particularly interested in Queen Elizabeth.

Also can you go 'off bar menu' when it comes to cocktails? I'm partial to an espresso martini and can't see this on the bar list I have.

Cunard have this page which you can download a few various drinks menus across the fleet, the prices look similar to a few months ago.

https://ask.cunard.com/help/life-on-board/drink_cost

• 2 weeks later...

I think off menu depends on what you require! Although it’s not on the menu, I was able to order espresso martinis in The Commodore Club and the Golden Lion Pub without any problems. The good news is that they are usually quite a bit cheaper than other cocktails although that may have all changed with the recent price increases.

Guest SilverHengroen

Are the commodore-themed cocktails still available in the commodore club, I don’t remember seeing them last time I was onboard?

We're into the craft cocktail culture. We usually spend a few days in London before taking the QM2 home to the states. London is a great place for cocktails. The American Bar & Beaufort Bar at the Savoy, the Artesian Bar at the Langham (Named world's best cocktail bar many years in row), and Fumoir at Claridges are all amazing. We have all the clothes with us for the QM T/A, so might as well use them in London.

And here's the best part: You will never, ever complain about the cocktail prices on the QM2 again. Never!! Trust me on this. I speak from experience.