Insurance for repositioning cruise?

Cruisin' Along

We are taking a repositioning cruise thru the Panama Canal. Trip insurance quotes request destination. We leave from Florida and end in California with port visits in several countries. The insurance cost varies by $200 depending which port I list as the destination.

What port do you list as destination for repositioning cruises?

Thanks!

Not sure what kind of insurance coverage you are referring to. Try getting online quotes on http://www.tripinsurancestore.com. Premium (insurance cost) depends on age, inclusive trip dates and cost. Trip date coverage starts when you leave home, and end when you arrive home, regardless of destination port.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I use Travel Guard for insurance because they partner with Costco. The insurance is a premium plan, usually at a very good price. When requesting a quote, though,Travel Guard requires filling in the destination.

I'm not sure what to list for destination on a repositioning cruise.

I use Travel Guard for insurance because they partner with Costco. The insurance is a premium plan' date=' usually at a very good price. When requesting a quote, though,Travel Guard requires filling in the destination.

I'm not sure what to list for destination on a repositioning cruise.[/quote']

I also have insured through Travel Gaurd with the Costco extra coverage for 21 cruises. I called and asked which country to use and was told any country that we visit. That was about 3 years ago. Since then I always put in all the countries one at a time looking at quotes and then choose the cheapest.

On a 28 day South Pacific cruise it was as much as $200 difference in the insurance cost choosing the cheapest country.

We just got back from a 15 day TA and it was over $100 difference.