Which airport to San Pedro/transportation question

SuzieQ521

Hello,

We are doing a short one way cruise from LA to Vancouver on Nov 29. We are flying in at 8:45 a.m. the morning of from Vegas on Southwest to LAX.

1) I was hoping to avoid the madhouse of LAX but there is no SW route from Vegas to Long Beach. Do you think LAX will be OK at arrivals on a Wednesday morning or should we look into arriving at John Wayne instead? I'm mostly worried about waiting on luggage, transportation, traffic, etc.

2) Re: transportation, it appears the most reasonably priced options are Supershuttle or Uber/Lyft. Super Shuttle doesn't get the greatest reviews and I'm a little worried about wait time and other drop offs...how long should it take that time of day to get to San Pedro from either LAX or John Wayne?

Thanks!

I never like flying in the day of the cruise. You take risk should the flight be canceled or significantly delayed of making the ship.

If you have to fly in the day of the cruise pick the airport to fly to as one with a lot of other flight options should your flight be cancelled.

Keith

Thank you, yes for our Alaska out of Seattle cruise a few months ago, we flew in the day before but since we're close and there are many options on Southwest, (and we could drive if we're desperate) we decided to fly day of.

I never like flying in the day of the cruise. You take risk should the flight be canceled or significantly delayed of making the ship.

If you have to fly in the day of the cruise pick the airport to fly to as one with a lot of other flight options should your flight be cancelled.

Keith

We have flown into LAX several times and used Primetime shuttle to get to the pier. It took less than an hour to get there with stops. Stops were ok with us as we had sometime to kill. We did not have issues with getting luggage. It was faster than last week when I arrived in Vegas.

Thanks all. I am hoping 90 min will be more than enough time from LAX to San Pedro on a Wed morning, hopefully less.

Uber or Lyft seem to be the most reasonable Private Car options... how far is the pickup spot from the SW arrivals terminal?

Thanks