best food on Hal

Niagarawine

Pain au Chocolate in the mornings -- I love the pastries, but the chocolate croissants are my favorite.

Schnitzel in the Lido -- we plan our lunches around Schnitzel Day in the Lido!

The Wafer Cookies that come with ice cream desserts in the dining room -- I always ask for extra because I like them so much.

French Onion Soup in the Main Dining Room -- several nights I have ordered just two bowls of the soup for dinner.

The Dive-In Dog -- one of the best hot dogs I've had!

And I have to give an honorable mention to the Taco Bar & Pasta Station in the Lido -- unless it's Schnitzel Day, my standard Lido Lunch is the Taco Bar and I miss it when I'm home.

I love schnitzel. We are booked for the Tamarind and I have heard the raisin buns are excellent. It all,sounds delicious

The raisin buns are delish IMO.

HAL's breads are deadly good :evilsmile:

And let's not forget the escargots.

Filet Mignon and Chocolate Volcano cake in the Pinnacle.

On the ships that have the Tamarind -- Jewels of the Sea Soup, Shrimp Tempura, Chocolate Almond Fortune Cookie, Thai Doughnuts.

At breakfast -- fresh pastries (like the chocolate croissants) and waffles hot off the iron.

I think I love you! ;):D If there was a like/agree button I’d hit it twice....maybe more. 😀

:evilsmile::preally enjoyed the salad bar in the lido. Great variety of all fresh produce. Also enjoyed the lido eggs bennidicts in the morning with the muesli that is in the lido and offered for room service.

The Dive In also impressed with the fries and dip/sauce and the shroom burger (sandwich really).

In the MDR the eggplant rolls (not sure of official name) were superb. As were the desserts. Another fave is the fruit/cheese in puff pastry appetizer.

Didn’t care for the Mexican food in MDR or lido.

My mom who eats far less sugar than myself really liked some of the SF desserts. While I can’t say I agree. :evilsmile:

I've been on only one HAL cruise so far (booked for 2 more), so I don't have broad experience. However, the most memorable dishes from my 14-day Alaska cruise:

1) The Club Sandwich I ordered via room service the day we left Seattle. The best I've ever had anywhere (other posters here have had a different experience with this, so this may have been a lucky fluke).

2) The maple-lacquered duck breast on the first Gala night in the MDR -- absolutely perfection! Perfectly cooked, perfect sides/veggies -- and my introduction to candied baby figs. Heaven on a plate!

3) Most of the fruit crisps are excellent, although I thought the strawberry one was a bit too sweet.

4) BREAD! all of them are superb.

5) Pea soup on deck while cruising close to Hubbard Glacier. Probably a combination of the scenery, weather (overcast and chilly), and the soup itself, but it was the perfect treat in the perfect setting.

Canaletto was excellent both times I ate there, too, especially the desserts.

The most disappointing meal was the final MDR meal before we docked in Seattle -- the one featuring dishes from all the famous chefs on HAL's culinary council (or whatever it's called). Very pedestrian, very ordinary stuff with fancy names.

Looking forward to my next HAL cruise (next summer).