Upgrade - Pros/Cons

BF Cruise

My wife and I are booked on the Quest Sept. 9, 2018, Boston to Montreal. Since all v class rooms are the same size, is there an advantage to signing up for a possible upgrade if there is a chance you might get a room near an elevator or at the front of the ship or some other undesirable location?

I like the control of knowing what is above me, below me and beside me. If there is a room I want, I book it.

One time we had an incredible upgrade on Azamaza - a huge suite in the very front of the ship. My wife’s cruise was pretty miserable due to the motion. Never again.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Although I love the CO and CW suites on Azamara that JPH814 references (I don’t suffer from motion sickness), I also don’t like the uncertainty of upgrades. I book and pay for what I want and that’s it - no changes [emoji846]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We have always wanted to know where we were going to be, no surprises. We did Montreal to Boston a few years ago and as it was going to be a colder climate we didn’t go for a balcony. We also wanted to see what it would be like without a balcony.

We did not regret our decision, we were in 429 and it was a fabulous cruise.

We did that cruise in October this year and I have to say, we loved it.

For the first time ever (over 200 days on Seabourn), we booked a V1 guarantee. As we got closer to sailing time we started to worry about where we might be so when the TA offered an upgrade to penthouse (I forget the price but it worked out to be considerably cheaper) we accepted and we were given 1015. Now I’m sure most people would not pick this room because of its proximity to OB, but we loved it and have decided to try and book it again when we next sail O Class.

I wouldn’t worry about being near elevators (been there on decks 8 and 9) as there isn’t a problem with noise but if you are concerned about position then you shouldn’t book a guarantee - we won’t again, even though it was much cheaper and we kept telling ourselves it didn’t matter where we were. It the end it did and that’s why we jumped at the upgrade when offered.