Silversea Completes Transformation of Silver Cloud Into Expedition Cruise Ship

LauraS

Unfortunately there are only 2 Vista suites and 12 Veranda suites with tubs, and the Vista's are right at the front, so unless they put some more tubs back in, it's unlikely we will sail on her.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Hate tubs, so you will not have to compete with me for a cabin. I️ am really happy with more shower suites.

Sad to say goodbye to the old cloud, but the new is obviously a step up. Unlikely to sail on the cloud expedition (though never say never) and certainly plan for lunch on one of her two visits to the tower next year.

On the subject of tubs and showers.... another vote for showers here. I think it would be most useful given there seem to be differences in each suite, that bathtub or shower cubicle offerings being shown to help out in the selection process.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think it would be most useful given there seem to be differences in each suite, that bathtub or shower cubicle offerings being shown to help out in the selection process.

The deck plans show suites with shower/tub combo and suites with separate showers and tubs.

The deck plans show suites with shower/tub combo and suites with separate showers and tubs.

I just rechecked from what you’ve said and still can’t see that info on the deck plans. It’s great if it does ... but I honestly can’t see where. Can you tell me where it says it? (Link to the deck plan you are looking at would be appreciated)

I just rechecked from what you’ve said and still can’t see that info on the deck plans. It’s great if it does ... but I honestly can’t see where. Can you tell me where it says it? (Link to the deck plan you are looking at would be appreciated)

Go SS website > Ships > Silver Cloud Expedition

https://www.silversea.com/ships/silver-cloud-expedition.html

and click 'Deck Plan and Details', then 'Download The Deck Plan'; or you can go to the deck plans supplied by a large online agency.

You will see on the key: suites with one 'water drop' have bathtub/shower combos, suites with two 'water drops' have a separate bathtub and shower.

Thanks for that Bill. Yes the deck plan for the Cloud expedition does indeed show as described. I’m assuming no drips mean no tub and only a shower cubicle?

I was talking generally though, ie for all ships. The downloaded deck plan for instance on my next ship Silver Shadow, doesn’t have that info even in the key AFAICS.

Unless I’m missing something?

Edited by les37b

The Cloud has encountered some sort of technical issue as she steams for Buenos Aires to begin her first voyage as an Expedition ship. She is stuck in Montevideo awaiting repairs. No idea what the cause of the problem at this point.

First voyage is supposed to start tomorrow (Nov. 15)... isn't it?

I feel sorry for pax in (or on their way to) BA at the moment who may not be going anywhere (for a while).

First voyage is supposed to start tomorrow (Nov. 15)... isn't it?

I feel sorry for pax in (or on their way to) BA at the moment who may not be going anywhere (for a while).

Agreed. Its bad enough getting a cruise cancelled with 9 months to go. The thought of arriving in port after a gruelling flight and not going anywhere doesn't bare thinking about. Marine traffic shows the Cloud leaving Montevideo and returning within the hour. Fingers crossed its all sorted before sail away and the cruise lives up to expectations.

BTW - did you find anything that shows individual suite arrangements for showers and tubs for any of the other ships?

Edited by les37b

BTW - did you find anything that shows individual suite arrangements for showers and tubs for any of the other ships?

No. In graphic form, only for the Cloud. All the other ships you have to read the suite cat. description.

No. In graphic form, only for the Cloud. All the other ships you have to read the suite cat. description.

No worries..... back to square one. Its good that they have the info for the cloud expedition on the deck plans. Hopefully they'll do the same for the others in time as I do think its very useful info and doesn't really take too much effort to provide.

The Cloud has encountered some sort of technical issue as she steams for Buenos Aires to begin her first voyage as an Expedition ship. She is stuck in Montevideo awaiting repairs. No idea what the cause of the problem at this point.

According to Silversea's PR:

No technical issues. The ship hit a bad storm crossing the Atlantic and arrived into Montevideo late. All is good and on schedule.

According to Silversea's PR:

No technical issues. The ship hit a bad storm crossing the Atlantic and arrived into Montevideo late. All is good and on schedule.

And yet, the Cloud continues to sit in port in Buenos Aires this morning of Oct. 16.

And yet, the Cloud continues to sit in port in Buenos Aires this morning of Oct. 16.

The fact it returned to port in Montevideo after a couple of hours suggested there must be problems. I'd hoped when it departed a short while later meant any problems there may have been must be resolved. If there are indeed problems, making announcements like this really show them in a bad light.

Fingers crossed it disappears from this map soon

I did have to do a retake there!

She finally got underway a month and a day later than planned! lol

I will be asking when I call tomorrow about the upgrade I need to pay for to see if anyone knows what the problems were. (Other than Stumblefoots dodgy calendar!)

I am pleased to let you know Silver Cloud set sail on her first Inaugural expedition voyage. After her extensive conversion, the ship looks beautiful. Silver Cloudhas experienced some delays due to weather and we are currently on our way to Puerto Madryn.

It will be my pleasure to welcome you on board Silver Cloud in the near future.

Kind regards,

Conrad Combrink

SVP, Strategic Development, Expeditions and Experiences

I am pleased to let you know Silver Cloud set sail on her first Inaugural expedition voyage. After her extensive conversion, the ship looks beautiful. Silver Cloudhas experienced some delays due to weather and we are currently on our way to Puerto Madryn.

Kind regards,

Conrad Combrink

Thank you for posting on cc.com. It is nice to know that someone at Silversea is paying attention to the many comments here.

Kind regards,

Conrad Combrink

Thank you for the update! I am booked in February. Would love to see some photos and more updates as you have them. :)