Disney Transportation

HodgeNNicole

After doing some research on these boards, I like the idea of staying at the Hyatt Airport and taking the Disney bus to the ship. Where can I find information about the Disney transportation? I looked online at my reservations but can't seem to find the transportation link. We are not traveling until April of 2018 perhaps it is just too early??

Also is there any other options for Hotels near the airport? Our group consists of Me, wife 3.5 year old and Father in law. We are arriving in the afternoon of the day prior to the cruise. Thought it might be easiest to just stay at the airport so we don't have to worry about transportation to a hotel, then to the ship and back again to the airport after the cruise. When I learned that the Hyatt was attached to the airport I figured that would be perfect.

You are correct that the Hyatt MCO is the most convenient...and also the most costly. I'm not sure what you need/want as far as a "transportation link." The deal is that riding the bus costs $35 per person each direction. To add transportation to your reservation, you need to call your TA if you used one or DCL directly if you didn't use an agent. DCL has a special rate for rooms at the Hyatt, and is limited in the number they can book for any given cruise. To get the Disney rate, you book the hotel room thru DCL. You can get a better rate if you have access to a business code or another Hyatt discount program, and you can book rooms yourself and use Disney transportation. There are plenty of places to eat in the airport. No need to leave MCO at all.

When you check in at the Hyatt, tell them you are going to the cruise the next day--they will put you on a list of rooms from which they need to get luggage and give you a form to give to DCL when you check in at the Welcome Center in the morning. This form basically tells DCL to verify that they received your luggage. The luggage service is included in the cost of the transfers. In the morning, you go to the Welcome Center (lower level terminal B) and check in. You'll be assigned to a bus based on the time you checked in. Our trick it to check in when the Welcome Center opens at 8:30 and then go to a quick serve breakfast in MCO, returning by 9:30 for the first bus. Technically the Welcome Center opens at 9, but like most things Disney, it opens early. The first bus loads about 9:15 and departs about 9:30, arriving at the terminal before it technically opens. The people on that bus are allowed in before the terminal opens to others!

After the first bus, each following bus departs either 20 minutes later or when it is full, whichever comes first. You'll never have a long wait for a bus. There are no bus reservations--you are assigned when you get to the Welcome Center.

On the way back, if you have DCL transportation and are on a "participating airline," you can put your luggage outside your door the night before with the airline tags on it and not see it again till you arrive at your home airport. You'll also get boarding passes in your cabin. This saves time at the airport as you can check in at the gate.

There are many other hotel options near MCO with complimentary shuttles from MCO to the hotel and back. Some of these hotels also have packages that include transportation to the cruise terminal. Or you can opt for a private shuttle or towncar/limo service to the cruise terminal or rent a car. These are a little more effort than staying at the Hyatt MCO, but are less costly as well. Our favorite hotels in the area are the Hyatt Place NW (different from Hyatt MCO) and the Country Inn and Suites....but there are lots of others as well.