Geo Blue Trekker multi trip

vkb2751

Was about to get the policy but I am confused now. I was aware that they only provide coverage when outside USA. According to Insure my trip, there is no coverage at all on Eastern Caribbean cruises which stop at St Thomas or San Juan. Any comments or information on this will be appreciated.

Thank you.

Meenu

Hi.

I wasn't aware that it was ONLY for travel abroad. I just pulled this from their website.

GeoBlue Travels with You

It’s a worldwide, all-access pass to an exclusive level of care. Use your mobile device to quickly and conveniently connect to quality care across the globe for anything from emergency needs, to filling a simple prescription, to translating your symptoms, to finding the right doctor at home or abroad.

• 2 weeks later...
Was about to get the policy but I am confused now. I was aware that they only provide coverage when outside USA. According to Insure my trip, there is no coverage at all on Eastern Caribbean cruises which stop at St Thomas or San Juan. Any comments or information on this will be appreciated.

Thank you.

Meenu

I'm going to say you're getting incorrect information from the Insure My Trip person. They are just insurance brokers, don't actually know all the ins and outs of every policy. They will only filter your information to provide different policies for you to consider.

You'd do better to ask this question directly to Geo Blue. They're the ones who should know.

My take on the policy is that you'd be covered during the time you are onboard the ship and in any foreign ports. If you're in a US port (San Juan) whatever medical coverage you have at home might cover you, but not GeoBlue

My take on the policy is that you'd be covered during the time you are onboard the ship and in any foreign ports. If you're in a US port (San Juan) whatever medical coverage you have at home might cover you, but not GeoBlue

This is correct.

Calling GeoBlue is the right advice. They have well trained personnel to answer your questions.

One item that I have not seen mentioned about GeoBlue...you must have some form of active health coverage (not Medicaid) to qualify for their products. Medicare qualifies for this requirement.

I did speak to a Geo Blue rep who told that we are covered in San Juan and St Thomas. When I asked her again as the policy covers us outside the US only, she raised her voice and said how many times do I have to tell you that you are covered. I then spoke to Steve and he said that she is wrong and that he would talk to Geo Blue about training her.

I then started this thread to see what is correct and what is covered. I have to buy the policy tomorrow and will call again and see what answers I get this time.

I know that Medicare will cover us in San Juan.

Spoke to Deanna at tripinsurance store and Gail at insure my trip and both told me that we will be covered while on the ship and any non -US ports. No coverage in San Juan and Us Virgin Islands, medicare will cover us while in US territory. Getting the Geo Blue Trekker Choice policy and hope we never need it.

Thank you.

Meenu

Have you called GeoBlue to verify that?

DON