Black Friday Sales?

LDWtk

Hi everyone, my DH and I are finally taking our first cruise together in December after 27 yrs of marriage. I’m already excited to start scheduling our next cruise and read that there are Black Friday cruise sales. What type of discounts have you seen in the past or possibly gotten wind of for this year? Is there more of a savings booking now or would we find better deals by booking on our December cruise? We don’t have a preference on the itinerary and given that this will only be our 2nd cruise, as long as the ship has decent reviews the cruise line isn’t too important to us either. Lastly, are the sales Black Friday or Cyber Monday? Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

For us, sale is good if the price is lower than our reference. Since you already have a booked cruise, it may have been an acceptable price for you. Suggest you determine its daily price for your cabin category. You can use that to compare with the forthcoming sale and know if it’s a good deal. For us, we book when it is cheaper and choose our preferred cabin. We then monitor price movements for possible drop for re-faring within the allowed time. JMHO.

For us, sale is good if the price is lower than our reference. Since you already have a booked cruise, it may have been an acceptable price for you. Suggest you determine its daily price for your cabin category. You can use that to compare with the forthcoming sale and know if it’s a good deal. For us, we book when it is cheaper and choose our preferred cabin. We then monitor price movements for possible drop for re-faring within the allowed time. JMHO.

So when you monitor a drop for re-faring, is it through the same source you initially booked? Is it even possible to switch vendors when trying to get a cheaper fare? Just trying to educate myself for our next cruise. We bought our Christmas cruise through the cruise line in January and never did the research for a reduced fare. Probably could have saved some money if we did. I did , however call the cruise line when I saw the fare was advertised cheaper than what I was paying but the cheaper fare didn’t include the $300 on board credit or the two complimentary packages (classic beverage package and gratuities package) that we received with our initial booking. Thanks for the info.

I monitor the cruise prices from all sources. If before the final payment period, re-faring is done with whom we booked. Usually, it is done by cancelling the existing booking (where you may lose some perks) and booking with the new price and/or perks. We always consider the net price, with valuation of new perks if any. We decide if the eventual bottomline price is lower than the existing booking. Never hurt to try,

Cruise lines have Sales constantly all year long .

Some have 1 Day Sales but not only on Black Friday.

Those Sales usually include reduced deposits .

I would wait until onboard , then book a Future Cruise Deposit which may give you a reduced deposit amount and OBC on cruise to be booked after you get home .

This all varies by cruise line but most offer it .

Then monitor that cruise line for Sales , even after you book your next cruise .

Sent from my iPad using Forums