Too young for Honeymoon on HAL MS KONINGSDAM Mediterranean Sept 2018?

longlivehp

My fiance and I are planning a Mediterranean cruise for our honeymoon in September/October 2018. We love the MS KONINGSDAM 10-Day Mediterranean Dream because of the ports and itinerary it offers. However, after doing some research we are wary that this HAL cruise may not be the best choice for two 25 year olds. We do like to stay up fairly late and have some drinks and enjoy the night-life and we don't want to be the only ones doing this. Our main goal is not to meet a lot of other people our age (as it's our honeymoon) but we really don't want to be the only people under 30.

Another concern we have is the drink package and if any of you would have any suggestions or advice regarding purchasing one as it gets to be pretty pricey.

Thanks so much!

That time of the year there will be very few people under 30.

Summer time would be different.

The time you selected in my opinion is a great time of the year though because the ports are less crowded and you won't have the hot/humid days that can be draining that you have in the summer.

Congratulations on your wedding and honeymoon.

Keith

My fiance and I are planning a Mediterranean cruise for our honeymoon in September/October 2018. We love the MS KONINGSDAM 10-Day Mediterranean Dream because of the ports and itinerary it offers. However, after doing some research we are wary that this HAL cruise may not be the best choice for two 25 year olds. We do like to stay up fairly late and have some drinks and enjoy the night-life and we don't want to be the only ones doing this. Our main goal is not to meet a lot of other people our age (as it's our honeymoon) but we really don't want to be the only people under 30.

Another concern we have is the drink package and if any of you would have any suggestions or advice regarding purchasing one as it gets to be pretty pricey.

Thanks so much!

There will probably be a few people your age, but if that is important, you may want to consider the NCL Spirit or the RCI Jewel of the Seas. Both of these have cruises round tripping out of Rome bout the same time. These are both older ships - and won't have all the latest bells and whistles, but they will likely have more young people. But.....I would go with the Koningsdam....classy ship....but consider the others before you decide

Do not get the drink package.....you have to drink like 7 or 8 drinks a day to break even......Plus with the package you have a tendency to drink more than you otherwise would -

You will also get approached about taking "Black Label" Black and White pictures....the prints are very nice, but will set you back anywhere from $390 for a couple of 8x10s to over $2000 for bigger packages.....I would research this before you leave to see if you think it is worth it. Price out a similar service in your home town before you leave....if you do want to get black label...remember all prices are negotiable....

The other pictures are still a little expensive. Maybe $30 or so for a Gala night 8 x 10. I would have the photo people take a lot of pictures.....never turn one down....when you see them, ask them to start a folder for you and you will pick some out the last day. Take them off the photo wall and give them to the photo people and ask them to put it in your folder. Then the last night - you can take your time - look at all your pics and pick out a few good ones.

If you buy the pics as they appear, you may find out the later pics were better but now you may have too many...

Edited by The-Inside-Cabin

Some good advice already given.

I will just add that your cruise will be relatively port intensive so, to me, the drink package is not worth it.

If you want to avoid a bunch of little slips to keep track of and the final bill "shock" or budget, I would buy beverage cards in advance. They will be waiting for you in your cabin and you can order any drink you want with them. And, if you don't use the full amount, it is refunded to your on board account ;).

We did a 16 day med cruise this September/October on the Koningsdam with our 30 year old daughter. She loved it and there were young people on the ship. I think the region helped with that. There are far more Europeans of all ages on these cruises (though not many children). We purchased beverage cards prior to the cruise and that worked great for us.

I have also been on the NCL Spirit and although I enjoyed the cruise (again with my daughter) it was a party boat and our cruise offered a free drink package. The ship was full of drunks for the first 2 day, than we hit bad weather and it was full of a seasick, hungover crowd for a couple of days!

Certainly not the fault of the Spirit, just a complication that comes with free drinks and a younger crowd.

• 9 months later...

We are going on our honeymoon on this cruise too!! I saw you on the roll call, glad you decided it was for you!! We had the exact same thought/concerns when choosing a cruise (so much so that I had to check to see if I had posted something and forgotten);p ;p

I think we will all have an amazing time! And it's just a few days away!!!!

We are going on our honeymoon on this cruise too!! I saw you on the roll call, glad you decided it was for you!! We had the exact same thought/concerns when choosing a cruise (so much so that I had to check to see if I had posted something and forgotten);p ;p

Hey Amanda! I feel so bad but we actually did sign up for the Royal Caribbean Jewel of the Seas one after doing more research and thinking it may be the better fit. I'm sorry I'm not sure who you saw on the roll call!

Hey Amanda! I feel so bad but we actually did sign up for the Royal Caribbean Jewel of the Seas one after doing more research and thinking it may be the better fit. I'm sorry I'm not sure who you saw on the roll call!