Embark normally but "miss" the boat at a port in order to reboard at next port

brazcons

We're on the 11-night Baltic cruise out of Dover this summer. My wife can get very sea sick. We anticipate that that highest risk day for turbulent seas is the "day at sea" spent crossing the North Sea and traveling from Amsterdam to Germany. If the weather looks bad for the day at sea, we're considering having her "miss" the boat in Amsterdam and get a train to meet us in Germany. Does anyone have experience with something like this? Can it be prearranged with the DCL or do you do you have to be insincere about it?

Thanks for the advice.

We're on the 11-night Baltic cruise out of Dover this summer. My wife can get very sea sick. We anticipate that that highest risk day for turbulent seas is the "day at sea" spent crossing the North Sea and traveling from Amsterdam to Germany. If the weather looks bad for the day at sea, we're considering having her "miss" the boat in Amsterdam and get a train to meet us in Germany. Does anyone have experience with something like this? Can it be prearranged with the DCL or do you do you have to be insincere about it?

Thanks for the advice.

Never heard of anyone doing that but the ships reception or doctor can give very effective medicine.

Before cruising on cruise ships we sailed on DFDS several times from Newcastle to Amsterdam and to Norway and Sweden.

Sometimes there is quite a swell but Other times the North Sea can be like a pond.

Hope you have a fantastic smooth sailing cruise.

Sent from my Kestrel using Forums mobile app

Never heard of anyone doing that but the ships reception or doctor can give very effective medicine.

Before cruising on cruise ships we sailed on DFDS several times from Newcastle to Amsterdam and to Norway and Sweden.

Sometimes there is quite a swell but Other times the North Sea can be like a pond.

Hope you have a fantastic smooth sailing cruise.

Sent from my Kestrel using Forums mobile app

Thanks, we have a lot of experience with her sea sickness. The medicines are not very effective for her. We're certainly hoping for calm on the Baltic. I'm just wondering if anyone else has had experience with purposefully leaving a cruise at port, missing a day at sea and rejoining the ship at the next port and what hassles are involved. It should be easier here since they are both EU jurisdictions. Just not sure what the cruise line will do.

While other lines permit this, I've never heard of it being allowed on DCL. They also do not allow early disembarkation (leaving one or more days before the end of the cruise) to normal guests, although this is common on some other lines. I am aware of a few situations where an early disembarkation was permitted, but this was only for a few Disney executives and board members on a specialty cruise.

I'd suggest that you attempt effective treatments for motion sickness....and I truly hope it works for you.

Has your wife ever been check by a dr for why she so much issues with sea sickness? And meds not working? I have a disease called menieres. Most meds don’t work on me as well. My Ent diagnosed it. It was just a thought.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

has she ever tried sea bands? i have very serious motion sickness, both on land and at sea...

nothing worked until i tried sea bands...

in a study of their efficacy, they were found to be effective for about 2/3 of those who tried them...

if she's never tried them, it's worth trying....for me they're like a miracle...after decades on very serious anti-motion sickness medicines, i've been able to forego them completely....