One Day Cruises out of San Diego

Does anyone remember the name of the ship that did one day cruises out of San Diego going to Mexico. It now might be 15 to 20 years ago. I just remember it being a rather small ship. We rented a cabin for the day. A small cabin with two twin beds. I also remember very steep stairs going from one deck to another. It might have had jacuzzi's sitting on the deck but I don't think it had a pool. They served lunch in the dinning room on very long tables. You could also see the curve in the deck. Just like when you are on the old Queen Mary and looking down the halls. It was rough going and espically rough coming back from Mexico. Many many people were sick. Ah the good old days. :)

I do remember what you are talking aboutm but I, too, can't recall the name, does the word Emerald seem to ring a bell? There was another entry into the one-day cruises, with day trips (and maybe a single overnight) from San Diego to Ensenada on a hydrofoil that didn't last long, either. The hydrofoil had cabins for the o'niters. Four of us took that one, just for the day, and it was fast, smooth and fun.

• 6 months later...
  • 7 years later...