Windstar Beverage Prices November 2017

2LoveToTravel

I am posting this as a new thread because the other goes back to 2009. While non alcoholic beverages are included, and alcoholic beverages packages are offered for an upcharge, I called Windstar for updated prices of drinks in November.

Attached are the Bar Menu and Wine List. Hope this is helpful

Wine List Windstar.pdf

Bar Menu Windstar.pdf

We were just on Wind Surf and the sommelier told us the wine list will be revised in April.

We had asked him why there was absolutely no Carmenere varietal on there and he said it would be after April.

As far as soft drinks are concerned if you are diabetic or want to avoid sugary soda you better like Diet Coke as that's all there is.

Somewhat limiting.

Its all very well being "free" but a choice of one is hardly a choice at all.

Introducing Complimentary Soft Beverages!

Posted on October 28, 2011 • 24 Comments

It is our pleasure to announce that we will begin offering complimentary soft beverages on all Windstar voyages starting this December! Bottled water, sparkling water, sodas, fresh juices, milk, fruit smoothies, tea, coffee, cappuccinos, lattes, mochas and espresso will all be complimentary fleet-wide. So whether you are relaxing by the pool in the sun and crave an ice cold bottle of water, or are sitting on the deck watching the sunrise and want nothing more than a warm cappuccino, let us take care of it for you.

Has anyone confirmed that they are, in fact, charging for soft beverages again?

We were on Wind Surf from 17th February this year for 2 weeks.

What I am posting concerns what happened while we were on there I cannot comment on what might occur before or after those 14 days.

Soft drinks were not charged for. But the selection was not extensive.

However - when there were "events" listed in the daily program like "Bloody Mary Demonstration" which my cabin mate attended - the bartender gave her a bill to sign at the end for the cost of the drink they demonstated. And she was given it to drink but didn't really want it so early in the morning.

And at the "Wine and Cheese Party" on deck at the back of the Compass Rose the passengers collected their plate of cheese, were asked which wine they would like and at the end of the line of tables they were give a bill for the wine.

We had in fact anticipated that, but it wasn't listed as chargeable in the program and took many passengers by surprise.

A longtime Windstar passenger told me he didn't remember being charged for it on previous cruises, I have no idea as this was our first cruise on this line.

I think I would prefer paying a little more and having a more inclusive cruise experience, drinks and gratuities etc all prepaid.

Anyway that's not WS's business model, and I am just happy they keep those ships sailing.

I somehow think that with the high costs of running the sailing ships they can't make too much of a profit, and if they had to buy them new instead of getting them cheap at a bankruptcy sale it just wouldn't be viable.

I am convinced that most of this thread contains older information. According to what is stated on Windstar's web site, as of March 25,2018, included in their cruises are " All non-alcoholic beverages, including specialty tea and coffee drinks."

I wonder if the bills presented at the wine and cheese tasting were actually charged to the passengers accounts or just for inventory purposes? We had the beverage package on our cruise last December, but were routinely asked to sign checks for "inventory purposes", but not one of these appeared separately on our account.

It was made pretty clear, at least on our cruise, when the drinks were complimentary. When the Captain offered to buy drinks for happy hour by way of an apology due to a missed port, it was announced and it was the buzz of the ship.

On Surf in January and Breeze this month. All soft drinks and bottled water free. Lots of diet drinks from which to choose. Bar prices very reasonable and excellent wine for 32 a bottle and $8.50 to $10 by the glass. No need to spend more although you certainly can for a splurge.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I’ve never been on aWindstar cruise that has a “Wine & Cheese” tasting, so I don’t know about that one.

Drinks are free during the Captain’s Cocktail party and the Alumni cocktail party.

I had a beverage package on a cruise in June on Wind Star, and never got a check to sign.

The list posted is not accurate. Found my pictures of wine by the glass (in June 2017) the price is now about $1.00 more per glass than that list. Hard to believe prices went down.

Edited by 6rugrats

I’ve never been on aWindstar cruise that has a “Wine & Cheese” tasting, so I don’t know about that one.

Drinks are free during the Captain’s Cocktail party and the Alumni cocktail party.

I had a beverage package on a cruise in June on Wind Star, and never got a check to sign.

The list posted is not accurate. Found my pictures of wine by the glass (in June 2017) the price is now about $1.00 more per glass than that list. Hard to believe prices went down.

You didn't miss much with the cheese believe me, on our cruise for 14 days from 17th February on Wind Surf the cheese was a limited selection and IMHO boring compared to even mass market cruise lines like Princess.

YMMV of course.

You didn't miss much with the cheese believe me, on our cruise for 14 days from 17th February on Wind Surf the cheese was a limited selection and IMHO boring compared to even mass market cruise lines like Princess.

YMMV of course.

February - so that must have been Caribbean. Not particularly a local cheese place so any cheeses would have been shipped in with their other food supplies.

Last spring Lisbon to Barcelona, the chef shopped the ports & we had wonderful local cheeses.

Sent from my Pixel using Forums mobile app

6rugrats

It is no wonder there is a lot of confusion about drinks and beverage packages, since is seems like things vary so much from cruise to cruise. You said that you never had to sign. I was on Wind Star in December 2016 with my Mom and we had the beverage packages and were asked to sign a check until the bartenders were familiar with us and then they never asked. On our December cruise on the Star Pride in 2017, my husband and I were routinely asked to sign checks. Maybe it varies with the teams of bar staff. We didn't find it to be an inconvenience in any case.

We will see how it is in December 2018,we are booked for a "do over" the San Juan and the Virgin Islands itinerary on the Star Pride. Here's hoping that the hurricane season is kinder to the islands this year and we can sail the itinerary as planned.

• 5 months later...
I just looked at the wine list someone kindly posted. It was as I feared. 90% Californian, a few French and very few from Italy which is the region we'll be in. (Oct. 4) I heard there are new sommeliers, maybe it will improve?

The wine list posted on this thread is a sample wine list from corporate, not an actual list. When we were on Spanish Serenade in Spring 2017, they bought wine in several of the ports. There was plenty of local wine on the menu. I expect that they would do that in Italy too.