Need help with Barcelona question

Wineart

I've been on at least 20 cruises, but will be on my first Windstar cruise in May. I just noticed that when we disembark in Barcelona, the cruise documents I got say "anchor", which means we'll be tendering. I've never been on a cruise before that has tendered at disembarkation. What is the disembarkation procedure like on Windstar Star Breeze? I have an 11:10am flight, and the airport is about 20 minutes by taxi from the port, so I don't know if I'll have enough time to make the flight.

I'd call about this. I'd be very surprised if you anchored in Barcelona. Here's the current list from the port - all the WS arrivals during May are listed as "Barcelona" which is the main cruise dock by the World Trade Center. There is a taxi stand right outside the door, and I'm sure there will be taxis waiting. I suppose it's possible that you'd be tendered to the dock, but again I'd be very surprised.

http://content.portdebarcelona.cat/cntmng/guestDownload/direct/workspace/SpacesStore/62cd08a6-e6d4-4d95-b0ed-3c63a24a9503/en.18-05.pdf

To quicken your journey, let reception know a few days before that you'd like to be first off. In my experience, they'll request that you keep your bags in the cabin and take them to the disembarkation point yourself and you'll be let off first. When we did it last there were about 20 of us waiting and we were off and in our cabs very quickly.

We did the Spanish Serenade cruise last year and docked in Barcelona. I just wanted to recommend the Montserrat tour and hotel transfer WS offers. This was one of the highlights of our trip. Just saw you have a flight, sorry.

Wish this forum had a delete option.

Edited by 3kidslater
did not read well

Just found out it will cost us $1034 to change the tickets to a flight 2 hours later. Ouch. But if the boat docks at 9, and we're among the first to disembark with our luggage, how long do I need to allow to clear immigration in Barcelona? We've embarked in Barcelona before, but never disembarked, and I'm drawing a total blank as to what the cruise terminal is like.

Just found out it will cost us $1034 to change the tickets to a flight 2 hours later. Ouch. But if the boat docks at 9, and we're among the first to disembark with our luggage, how long do I need to allow to clear immigration in Barcelona? We've embarked in Barcelona before, but never disembarked, and I'm drawing a total blank as to what the cruise terminal is like.

Unless the ship is held up by immigration which is highly unlikely you will probably be clear to get off by 7:30 or 8 at the very latest. I would not stress over it. They are great about getting early morning independent travelers on their way. You can pick up your passport and get off the minute they are cleared.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I called the airline back, and by changing the flight to the same time the next day, it would only be $274 extra, which was a lot better than $1034! So DH and I will be missing an extra day of work, but at least I won't be stressing during the trip whether I would make the original flight :)

I called the airline back, and by changing the flight to the same time the next day, it would only be $274 extra, which was a lot better than $1034! So DH and I will be missing an extra day of work, but at least I won't be stressing during the trip whether I would make the original flight :)

If you want a gorgeous hotel in fabulous location try The Monument. It is exquisite and great service.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk