New to Windstar

cruisencrazy

A review of the threads here will give more great advice that you could ever absorb. I think most of us agree that the most important thing is "relax and chill", enjoy the intimacy of a small ship and welcoming crew who will know your name on day 2.

The pattern I see most often is - breakfast, off ship for the day, back in time for siesta or time on the deck, drinks in one of the bars (outside in nice weather), dinner often sharing a table, nightcap, music and dancing in the lounge if you're so included, bed time. Leave your tux and ball gowns at home.

When you check in, tons of things will be thrown at you all at once. If you want to dine in Candles your top priority should be to get that reservation. If you haven't preordered, liquor packages and laundry service (highly recommend) are both offered for the length of the cruise and at least the liquor package must be ordered early so do that. Other things like spa services can wait unless you really want something for a specific time.

Edited by milepig

The basics ? There are no lines ever. Check in is a few minutes at which time you are given champagne, surrender passports, give a credit card imprint, have an id photo taken, make reservations for specialty dining (no charge) have opportunity to buy booze packages, meet the spa girls and are then shown to your suite. Bags will either be there or on the way. Ask for extra hangers if you are heavy packer. Suitcases fit in closet. Walk around the ship. If you haven't had lunch go up to Veranda and eat. Relax!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Forget everything you know about cruising. Prepare for premiere service, 5 star meals, no big entertainment venues, and enjoy the wind in your face and relax.

And don't be surprised if the Captain knows your name after two days too.

Thanks for sharing this information. We're looking forward to Rome to Nice - Windsurf in June. Reservation for the restaurants are only available when we are on board?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Forums mobile app

Yes, but everyone gets their turn. No problem.

The last two cruises (Greece and Caribbean) we got punch, no champagne. If you don't check in early enough, the food will be gone.

We had choice of champagne or punch. Only mentioned the champagne because the the punch too sweet for me. Embarked in Costa Rica on the Breeze earlier this month at 3 pm. Still had food.

The last two cruises (Greece and Caribbean) we got punch, no champagne. If you don't check in early enough, the food will be gone.

If you check in early the Veranda will be serving lunch, I'm not sure what time they stop. After that there is always food somewhere on board but you may need to ask - there are almost always sandwiches and nibbles somewhere. I'm not sure if room service is up and running yet.

If you check in early the Veranda will be serving lunch, I'm not sure what time they stop. After that there is always food somewhere on board but you may need to ask - there are almost always sandwiches and nibbles somewhere. I'm not sure if room service is up and running yet.

The Yacht Club is the place for sandwiches and nibbles.

Thanks for sharing this information. We're looking forward to Rome to Nice - Windsurf in June. Reservation for the restaurants are only available when we are on board?

There are two restaurants. Only one requires reservations, Candles. The "regular" restaurant has open seating.