Singapore morning or night flight home??

tropical dreams

We Will be ending our RSSC cruise in Singapore and will have one day of shore excursions. The next day we can take a morning flight or an evening flight home. We would be willing to stay and take an evening flight if there is somwewhere to store bags at the airport and getting from the airport:confused: around Singapore would be easy not a big headache. Has anyone got any experience with this topic?:confused:

Marina Bay Cruise Terminal has baggage storage.

If that is where you will be docked.

You can leave your bags there, spend the day in town and then pick them up to go to the airport for check in.

BUT, and it's a big but....operating hours are only while a ship is docked at the terminal, so you need to check they will be open when planning your return.

I don't know if Harbourfront Terminal has the same facility if you are docked there.

Edited by Tranquility Base

Hi, we have done this before with a late flight from Singapore.

After disembarking the ship we took a taxi to the airport (next time we will take the MRT now knowing how easy it is to get around) We checked our luggage in for the flight, our airline allowed early luggage checkin so check with yours, and we checked our carry on into the baggage storage. If your airline does not allow an early checkin for luggage you can leave all your bags in storage although it will cost more. We just carried our back pack around for the day.

http://www.changiairport.com/en/airport-experience/attractions-and-services/baggage-storage.html

Here is map of the MRT system, very easy.

https://www.lta.gov.sg/content/dam/ltaweb/corp/PublicTransport/files/Walking%20System%20Map.pdf

There are paid lounges and sleeping areas at Changi airport to freshen up after a day out, there is a pool at Terminal 1, entry includes lockers, showers and a drink I think. Loads of restaurants, sleeping lounges and quiet areas, movie theatre, you could spend the day there visiting the 4 terminals.:)

Enjoy your time, we are back to Singapore 3 times in the next 18 months!

Thanks so much for the information! Any suggestions on what not to miss while we are there. I am not sure what tours we will have our first day there.

Perhaps start with a Bumboat ride on the river to get an overview

rivercruise.com.sg

Gardens by the Bay, Botanical Gardens, Singapore Flyer, Marina Bay Sands Hotel, Sentosa Island and Cable car, Changi Museum ( which is near the airport), areas of Orchard Rd, Little India, Kampong Glam, Chinatown,Raffles Hotel, Singapore Zoo and that is just the touristy stuff! then there is the food!!

Have a look here to see what is of interest, no need to do any tours, everything is easliy accessible via public transport and walking.

http://www.visitsingapore.com/en/

Welcome to my country, Singapore!

Which ship are you arriving on? Oh, my bad. You said RSSC, so that is Regent Cruises.

Then that would most likely be at Harbourfront Terminal. I once spotted the Seven Seas Voyager in port.

[YOUTUBE]7YwAsI0U_Ps[/YOUTUBE]

cheznandy

Is correct and dead on with his post. That is the easy thing to do, Taxi to Airport check bags and then MTR to see the city. I use a little different system, when I get off the ship, afternoon, late night or next morning flight I check into a hotel for the day. Because I know Singapore well and have traveled often easy to has a low cost clean nice hotel. Basic room, bath, cable Internet. The wife likes to be able to lay down and relax before flying home. But our flight is only 3 1/2 hours so really no issues not like a 24 hour return to America.

cheznandy

Is correct and dead on with his post. That is the easy thing to do, Taxi to Airport check bags and then MTR to see the city. I use a little different system, when I get off the ship, afternoon, late night or next morning flight I check into a hotel for the day. Because I know Singapore well and have traveled often easy to has a low cost clean nice hotel. Basic room, bath, cable Internet. The wife likes to be able to lay down and relax before flying home. But our flight is only 3 1/2 hours so really no issues not like a 24 hour return to America.

We may do that next trip there, depending what time flight we choose.

Flying back to Australia is about 8 hrs and we have a choice from afternoon flights right through to early hours of the morning.

We are so lucky to have lots of repositioning cruises heading back and forth twice a year, and also when the ships go to dry dock there are always good bargains:). We love Singapore!

We Will be ending our RSSC cruise in Singapore and will have one day of shore excursions. The next day we can take a morning flight or an evening flight home. We would be willing to stay and take an evening flight if there is somwewhere to store bags at the airport and getting from the airport:confused: around Singapore would be easy not a big headache. Has anyone got any experience with this topic?:confused:

We got off the ship, checked into Holiday Inn express at 9am( no extra charge) , on the day we checked out, we left our baggage in their secure area and used the families til 7pm free of charge. Then took the shuttle to airport, $9 each, less than 1/2 price of the taxi.

We got off the ship, checked into Holiday Inn express at 9am( no extra charge) , on the day we checked out, we left our baggage in their secure area and used the families til 7pm free of charge. Then took the shuttle to airport, $9 each, less than 1/2 price of the taxi.

Great! Which holiday inn express was this?

My decision would rest totally on whether I can sleep on an overnight flight. Knowing that I can't then I would book a morning flight, giving me a bed the night prior and my own bed when I get home. Last year I managed to get to Europe all on day flights, melb to singapore, singapore to dubai, dubai to malta. It made such a difference to arrive fresh after a decent sleep and we had no jet lag at all. Coming back unfortunately flights were overnight and it took weeks to recover from a 10+ week holiday and the flights. I've tried sedatives, natural products, even alcohol and none work. I think perhaps that I just can't relax enough to allow all these things to take hold and work on me so never enjoy the flights.