Booking excursion online??

Rhughes01

1. When you book Windstar excursions online, is your credit card billed immediately or when the excursion is complete? 2. What is the cancellation policy? 3. Do prices go up as it gets closer to the trip?

We’re first time with with Windstar, so any help would be appreciated.

It is billed when you book the excursion.

You can cancel and get a refund up until a certain date before the cruise.

You can do some switching around on board, with a deadline each day "You must cancel your Tuesday tour by Sunday Evening..." sort of thing.

Last year I happened to have the original excursion list with me on board and every one was more expensive to book on board - some by a fair amount. I've never tracked whether the pre-booking also changes, but it can certainly be higher on board.

• 1 month later...
1. When you book Windstar excursions online, is your credit card billed immediately or when the excursion is complete? 2. What is the cancellation policy? 3. Do prices go up as it gets closer to the trip?

We’re first time with with Windstar, so any help would be appreciated.

Hi - Your credit card is booked immediately - cancellation policy is clearly listed for each excursion. The excursions fill up FAST - and this late in the game you might have a hard time booking what you wanted.

We booked most of our excursions 6 months ago because we know how fast excursions sell out on Wiindstar. Other passengers probably did the same and may be cancelling ,so check back often and there may be some cancellations that enable you to grab the spot!

We'll be on the Wind Spirit with you !

Just a heads-up: don’t rely on the excursion time you see online on the Detailed Itinerary page of My Windstar. We booked an excursion in advance, and the Windstar site listed the excursion, our names, and “1:00 PM”. So we made other plans for the morning.

When we received our tickets onboard, they were for 9:00 AM. We asked the destination manager to switch us to 1:00 or refund the price, but he said he was “not responsible for the website” and there was nothing he could do.

Best to book online if you really want an excursion. I got shut out of an excursion on the Windsurf. It was sold out before we sailed. I like to use OBC to pay for the excursions. Now I book ahead and ask on the ship to adjust using OBC. That way I get the excursions that I want to take.

Definitely book ASAP! Especially if you want to do the Tahaa drift snorkel. The advantage to doing the ship’s excursion on that one is that they take you directly from the drift snorkel to the BBQ lunch on Motu Mahaea. Makes for a perfect day!