Any preferable balcony side for Hawaii 15-day R/T from L.A.?

elycelynne

Normally I prefer to wander the decks if there is lots of scenery so I don't miss anything. I'm sure you will see lots from your balcony. Doesn't matter what side you're on what you missed on the way in you'll see on the way out, other then one will be in the AM & the other in the PM. Enjoy.

Allan

I don’t feel it matters. Much of your cruising is at night anyway so you won’t see much. A couple of years ago we were on the port side. We’re on the starboard side for our Hawaii & South Pacific cruise in a few weeks. Didn’t matter which side to us.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Either side is fine.

Instead I would put priority on the location on the deck and what deck you are on.

Seas can be rough first day or two and final day or two so if seas bother you consider a room mid ship and on a lower deck.

Keith

For those who have cruised the Hawaiian Islands...isn't there a benefit when cruising by the Napali Coast? And when cruising out of Honolulu? When I fly in and out of the islands I select seats on the side of the plane that give me the view I want. I know on a cruise ship you can go on deck to see the views but sometimes it is enjoyable to sit on your balcony and enjoy!! Cherie

For those who have cruised the Hawaiian Islands...isn't there a benefit when cruising by the Napali Coast? And when cruising out of Honolulu? When I fly in and out of the islands I select seats on the side of the plane that give me the view I want. I know on a cruise ship you can go on deck to see the views but sometimes it is enjoyable to sit on your balcony and enjoy!! Cherie

The Napali Coast is on the opposite side of Kauai from where Princess docks in Nawiliwili. So unless the ship cruises around the island, you won’t see the Napali Coast. Also when leaving Honolulu it’s at night, around 11pm. Not much to see in the dark.

Thank you Jojiboy for the info on the Princess Cruise routing. For some reason I thought most cruises sailed by the Napali Coast because there are so many posts about it on CC. I will say though, that I think seeing Honolulu/Waikiki from the water at night is beautiful. And if you have a balcony on that side of the ship you can watch it in your p.j.s. Even if I take the red eye home I love the view. Cherie

Thank you Jojiboy for the info on the Princess Cruise routing. For some reason I thought most cruises sailed by the Napali Coast because there are so many posts about it on CC. I will say though, that I think seeing Honolulu/Waikiki from the water at night is beautiful. And if you have a balcony on that side of the ship you can watch it in your p.j.s. Even if I take the red eye home I love the view. Cherie

You’re welcome Cherie. I think POA might cruise by the Napali Coast, not sure though. I agree, seeing the lights of Honolulu and Waikiki at night would be quite a sight. In that case, a balcony on the port side would probably be advantageous. Unfortunately, with the demographic that sails on Princess, the majority of passengers are already tucked in for the night.

You’re welcome Cherie. I think POA might cruise by the Napali Coast, not sure though. I agree, seeing the lights of Honolulu and Waikiki at night would be quite a sight. In that case, a balcony on the port side would probably be advantageous. Unfortunately, with the demographic that sails on Princess, the majority of passengers are already tucked in for the night.

Thank you! Even though this wasn't in response to my original question, it was helpful nonetheless. I don't know what time Princess sails from Honolulu/Waikiki, but if you give me an idea I might make it a point not to be in bed!

Thank you! Even though this wasn't in response to my original question, it was helpful nonetheless. I don't know what time Princess sails from Honolulu/Waikiki, but if you give me an idea I might make it a point not to be in bed!

I’m glad you found it helpful. It seems Princess, in general, is in port on Oahu from 7am-11pm.

Joe

I’m glad you found it helpful. It seems Princess, in general, is in port on Oahu from 7am-11pm.

Joe

Thanks! The only instances where I'd be tucked in at 11:00 would be illness or an extremely early shore excursion!

• 5 weeks later...