Do you have to remove your Sign and Sail card from your lanyard to use?

cruisintothebeat

If I have my Sign and Sail card in a plastic lanyard, does it have to be removed to use? In other words, how is the Sign and Sail card scanned? Is there a barcode, magnetic strip, or some other feature?

It is a magnetic strip, very similar to a room key at a hotel (which it will be on the ship, as well).

A lot of us females don't have pockets in our bathing suits or sundresses while on deck, makes it kinda difficult to keep it on us at all times! ;)

Right. Husband carrys his in his pocket, I use a lanyard. I'm trying something like this for my upcoming cruise (will get lanyard punched) that goes around my wrist, cause I dont like it around my neck. (searched in Amazon for "short lanyard")

31LFuM%2BYcpL.jpg

A lot of us females don't have pockets in our bathing suits or sundresses while on deck, makes it kinda difficult to keep it on us at all times! ;)

If I don't have a pocket, this female slides her card into her bra, including the bathing suit. And since your Sail & Sign card is also your room key, you would have to take it out of the holder to get into your cabin. And Carnival cards now come with holes already punched. EM

If I don't have a pocket, this female slides her card into her bra, including the bathing suit.

If I was a server on a Cruise ship, I would not want to touch something that someone had pulled out of their underwear. But thats just me.

If I don't have a pocket, this female slides her card into her bra, including the bathing suit. And since your Sail & Sign card is also your room key, you would have to take it out of the holder to get into your cabin. And Carnival cards now come with holes already punched. EM

Same here. You can also swim with it, a credit card and dollars. Makes going ashore quite easy in tropical climates.

Same here. You can also swim with it, a credit card and dollars. Makes going ashore quite easy in tropical climates.

Though a CC chip can get wet and still work, do know that extended exposure to salt water (without cleaning it afterwards) will cause corrosion.

I bought a lanyard that slides out of a pocket specifically because I can slide a few $$$ behind it to have with me (cash tip) for bartenders on the ship. I put it down under my shirt in port and I have a couple of twenties behind it for emergency. Also helps when I get back to the ship after shopping not to have to search for the SeaPass card to get back on the ship. I find it more convenient. Mine's soft leather do it isn't scratchy either.

Though a CC chip can get wet and still work, do know that extended exposure to salt water (without cleaning it afterwards) will cause corrosion.

Thank you! That is new info to me. Most times, I’m not alone on the beach so I have others to leave with. I have also been known to bury a few things in the sand before swimming. :)

• 2 weeks later...
Agreed. Yuck!

I had to scroll they the thread to see who said they keep it in their underwear... bras are not the same as panties/whatever dudes wear. I doubt many are phased by a woman pulling it out of her bra. I'm a restaurant server, if someone did that with their credit card I would laugh.

I had to scroll they the thread to see who said they keep it in their underwear... bras are not the same as panties/whatever dudes wear. I doubt many are phased by a woman pulling it out of her bra. I'm a restaurant server, if someone did that with their credit card I would laugh.

Judging by talesfromyourserver on Reddit and my own experiences in retail, yes, as a guy, I care. My coworkers (male and female) all cared too. I worked outdoor stands tho. Guests tended to be sweaty. And it was never from a model type (being a teenager then, I, admittedly, probably wouldn't have cared much if she were drop dead gorgeous). I saw lots of pretty girls, but NONE of them ever pulled a card out from their bra. It was always someone... in less than peak physical condition.