Best beaches in Bermuda for swimming?

michelle028

Hi all!

First time in Bermuda - I want to hit some beautiful beaches.

We are 4 adults and love to be in the water.

Could you tell me your beach recommendations? We are docked for 2.5 days on NCL Dawn. We are up for sightseeing as well...right now just trying to make plans.

Thanks for your help!

IMHO, I think you would be very happy by going to Horseshoe Bay Beach. It is a public beach that offers full amenities, and it is easy to get to so you won't be wasting your valuable time on transportation.

If HSB is not enough, then walk northeast along the shore (water on right hand), and then follow the beach path(s) that connect HSB with Warwick Long Bay Beach. Visit the numerous cove beaches that are between HSB and WLBB. You may be the only people at WLBB.

Here are some pictures of HSB taken by member mitsugirly:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com.au/showpost.php?p=48112530&postcount=349

https://boards.cruisecritic.com.au/showpost.php?p=48112572&postcount=350

SBtS

Thanks for your help! What about beaches in St. George? Are there beaches that are calm for swimming? How do we get there from the cruise port dock?

I read that there was a free ferry for NCL customers - does that ferry take you to St George? or is it better to take a bus?

Thanks for you reply! Just trying to research and get my bearings for my upcoming cruise!

Thanks for your help! What about beaches in St. George? Are there beaches that are calm for swimming? How do we get there from the cruise port dock?

I read that there was a free ferry for NCL customers - does that ferry take you to St George? or is it better to take a bus?

Thanks for you reply! Just trying to research and get my bearings for my upcoming cruise!

There are 3 beaches near St George's. Tobacco Bay has full amenities, the others do not, very popular with snorkelers, Fort St Catherine Beach and Achilles Bay Beach. The 3 are close together, about a 20 minute walk from the ferry dock, or a quick taxi ride

If you are traveling on the Dawn or Escape, use the complimentary ferry to St George's. Travel time is 45 minutes and there are only 4 trips per day from the Dockyard to SG. The bus would take a lot longer but runs frequently.

Tobacco Bay YouTube video:

Fort St Catherine Beach:

Achilles Bay Beach;

SBtS

There are 3 beaches near St George's. Tobacco Bay has full amenities, the others do not, very popular with snorkelers, Fort St Catherine Beach and Achilles Bay Beach. The 3 are close together, about a 20 minute walk from the ferry dock, or a quick taxi ride

If you are traveling on the Dawn or Escape, use the complimentary ferry to St George's. Travel time is 45 minutes and there are only 4 trips per day from the Dockyard to SG. The bus would take a lot longer but runs frequently.

Tobacco Bay YouTube video:

Fort St Catherine Beach:

Achilles Bay Beach;

SBtS

Thank you. Your post was very informative!

• 2 weeks later...
Hi all!

First time in Bermuda - I want to hit some beautiful beaches.

We are 4 adults and love to be in the water.

Could you tell me your beach recommendations? We are docked for 2.5 days on NCL Dawn. We are up for sightseeing as well...right now just trying to make plans.

Thanks for your help![/quote

Snorkel beach is right in the Dockyard but it isn't what I consider on par with HSB or other beaches. It's an okay beach but there are so many other prettier ones. It's a great place to head to if you dock in the afternoon and save the next full day for Horseshoe.