Bypassing LAX Check In

mame42

I do it all the time. Print out my boarding pass at home and go directly to the security line. Last time I was at LAX I printed my boarding pass just inside the door and went right to security.

Thanks!

If I have a pre printed boarding pass and no luggage to check, may I go directly to security at LAX without checking in at the United counter?

Yes. You can do this at any airport in the U.S. Go directly to the appropriate TSA security entrance for your gate area.

• 4 weeks later...
Am I correct in assuming that one needs to download the airline's app to do this?

I would say so. Getting the BP by e mail on your phone wouldn't be good enough, I think. Getting the app is no problem. I use United's...when you do on line check in, the boarding pass automatically goes to the app, and is there for your use, even if you print the BP.

Having the app is also very good for checking flight status.

Am I correct in assuming that one needs to download the airline's app to do this?

Not necessarily.

For example, for Southwest you can get boarding pass via text message. Then you can load it to Wallet if you are using iPhone. I am other airlines works similarly. I also believe there are Android solution to this as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No you can have a link texted or Emailed to you. But you have to set that up when you make the reservation. I get my link sent to me and then save it to my "Wallet". Saving it to your wallet makes it faster to pull up when you need it, doesn't rely on a WiFi connection, and the orientation doesn't change when you move your phone. That's an issue when scanning it.