Oops. ATN Did it Again. LAX to AKL for $1,089 w/Free Stopover(s) in PPT Plus, Plus

skitrips

Last October when ATN was charging $1,500/pp for round trip air from/to LAX/PPT, my wife and I flew ATN round trip from/to LAX/AKL with a free stopover in PPT for up to 30 days at a fare of $880/pp. I posted on this Board that if one were patient and flexible, one might be able to replicate this fare in the future and experience so much more than Tahiti (to those of you who've never been to New Zealand, you're missing sooooo much).

Well ATN did it again! Received the e-mail this morning. Except this time there is a variation on the theme which makes the promotion even better! Yes the fare is $200/pp more than last October. But look what you get for the extra $200. 3 nights lodging in PPT, free transfers from/to PPT/Sara Nui Hotel and a round trip ferry ride from/to PPT/Moorea.

Really didn't intend to return to Tahiti so soon, but this fare is too good to ignore. So I haven't.

Travel begins August 24, 2018. August is prime ski season in the Southern Hemisphere. My wife and I are skiers. Given it has been a horrible ski season in Lake Tahoe where we live, we're itching for more. And that means New Zealand (unless you want to spend legions more traveling to Chile/Argentina). And now we can return to Tahiti as part of our ski trip! We're sold. And any skiers/snowboarders out there should be as well.

Last year we stayed at the Sara Nui the first night we arrived in PPT. Not a luxurious hotel by any stretch of imagination. But perfectly acceptable and comfortable and located within short walking distance of the center of PPT and where W/S departs. And the Sara Nui offers free arrival transfers (worth at least $30/pp). But for a $200/pp surcharge, you can upgrade to the Intercontinental and get $40/pp breakfasts thrown in to boot! So I recommend the upgrade.

Unfortunately, there are no 14 day W/S cruises this time of year (which we suspect would be twice as nice as the 7 day cruise and at a lower "cost averaging" fare/day). And since skiing to us is more important than 14 days on the W/S, we'll have to settle for another 7 day "Dreams of Tahiti" cruise (not really that bad an alternative). Enjoyed the cruise so much last time, it won't be boring to do it again.

Anyway, hope this heads up can benefit others out there. And if so, please write back and let us know.