Vancouver Departure

meh56

I'm honestly still surprised you were able to book a transfer as early as 12:10pm on a 4-shipper anyway, but with 1pm now the target you are in safer territory. I'd even say that this is one of those very rare days where a cruise transfer may actually be faster than a cab, as the queue for the latter could end up being simply outrageous. Solo traveler, first time here - I can understand the desire to just feel like it's all taken care of without stressing about finding your way to transit etc.

Do make sure you leave a book unread until the last day, and charge up your phone/tablet if you entertain yourself with electronics rather than paper. Queues for check-in, security, and CBP will be long at YVR once all the cruisers start rolling in - and if you do get lucky and your transfer coach leaves early enough you beat the rest of the horde you'll have 2+ hours to kill at the gate!

Thank you for your kind words. Turns out it will be a 3 ship day BUT still feel much better about everything. Book ready! [emoji1]I'd rather wait 4 hours anyway than be 1 minute late.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• 3 weeks later...
We've been to Vancouver before so we booked the Holiday Inn in Richmond. The have a cruise package (search the ihg website and pick special offers) . The package includes that room, breakfast, and a shuttle to the port. They also have a free airport to hotel shuttle.

The cruise package is interesting to me. But, when I go onto IHG, I can see several Holiday Inn properties in the Richmond area. Can someone please tell me specifically which one offers this package? Thanks so much!!

The original airline HAL booked for me changed my departure time from 12:10pm to 10:30 am and never informed HAL so my AAA travel agent was never told. I caught it myself last SUNDAY. Monday I went to AAA and I am now,on a better airline leaving 1:00pm- non stop back home. I can only imagine the breakdown I would have had in the Vancouver airport all alone and scared. You better believe I am checking New flight weekly. So glad for all those that put a little fear into me on this airline business.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

This occurs very often on flights scheduled more than 6 months out (seems like every one of mine!). Thats why you have to monitor them as you get to about the 90-120 day out area. The airlines are VERY flexible in making free changes for you if you do not like what they have rebooked you on. Many times this has worked to my advantage, but remember that you need to know what new route/times you WANT when you call the airline to adjust (they just go by a set of rules/guidelines for default).

• 2 weeks later...
The cruise package is interesting to me. But, when I go onto IHG, I can see several Holiday Inn properties in the Richmond area. Can someone please tell me specifically which one offers this package? Thanks so much!!

The IHG referenced is the

Holiday Inn Vancouver Airport-Richmond @ 10720 Cambie Road