Last minute cancel - 3rd Pax (no show, or cancel?)

TrinaLC

We are booked for 3 in a YC room with 3 person capacity.

We will find out several weeks before sailing whether the third person can in fact cruise.

I'm worried that removing her weeks in advance could result in our being moved to a 2 person capacity cabin that may be in a less favorable location, eg near elevator, under pool deck.

The 3rd person is a child, so the booking fees are only port charges and taxes (not sure what the "taxes" part can be).

Is it better to have her be a no-show on sailing date? Would we get the port charges and taxes back?

If its a child....Its no loss to MSC...because its under the "kids sail free"....The port fees should be refundable if you cancel the 3rd person prior to cruise date. So there should be no difference/change in your cruise fare. As for them moving you to another cabin...YC cabins are limited and while they could move you....I highly doubt they will. Most likely YC is sold out already other than maybe 1 or 2 cabins. I just looked at a YC booking for April 2019 and there are only 5 YC cabins left!!

If its a child....Its no loss to MSC...because its under the "kids sail free"....The port fees should be refundable if you cancel the 3rd person prior to cruise date. So there should be no difference/change in your cruise fare. As for them moving you to another cabin...YC cabins are limited and while they could move you....I highly doubt they will. Most likely YC is sold out already other than maybe 1 or 2 cabins. I just looked at a YC booking for April 2019 and there are only 5 YC cabins left!!

We booked March 2020 already because of that!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I am curious too!! Having already been in Seaside YC and pretty much walking the cabin floors on deck 16 and 18..... All I saw was 2 Deluxe Grand Suites on Deck 16 and 2 Larger Handicap Balcony suites (Handicap) on deck 18????? I understand floorplan drawings can be "off"...but even my outside views of Yacht Club cabins didn't show anything that stood out compared to the other YC1"s???