Duty free booze

tdanny

Greetings. This is our first cruise. My wife and I have been to several islands on vacations where we were able to purchase rum to take home. We will be on the Oasis of the Seas with stops in Haiti, Jamacia and Cozumel. Will we be able to purchase rum and take it back on the ship?

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Forums mobile app

Greetings. This is our first cruise. My wife and I have been to several islands on vacations where we were able to purchase rum to take home. We will be on the Oasis of the Seas with stops in Haiti, Jamacia and Cozumel. Will we be able to purchase rum and take it back on the ship?

Yes, you take the rum onboard. They will take if from you and return it at the end of the cruise.

You can purchase any liquor you like at any port of call. When you return to the ship and go through the security process they will advise you to speak with the crew person that is occupying the liquor desk. You turn over your liquor purchase and they will give you a receipt. The liquor is normally returned to you on the last night of your voyage or on the morning of your disembarkation. In some instances the cabin steward is responsible to see that your liquor is returned and in some instances you will be advised to when and where you need to go to get it yourself. As for your sailing I would personally purchase the liquor in Cozumel which has the best prices and biggest selection.