Status Match Options

jaylau17

Hi,

I am new to MSC and will be sailing with them for the first time in May on the Seaside.

I wanted to see what my best option was for status match to get the highest match. I am a Platinum Elite with IHG and Gold with Carnival and from what I read online, those match with Silver.

Does anyone here know if Hyatt Explorist or Marriott Silver Elite match higher than that?

Your best bet is to call MSC directly . You may have to be patient to get through because the phone lines are sometimes S L O W , but I have always found their customer service folks helpful and kind. They will work with you to get you the highest status match. This is such a great perk from MSC and the benefits are great also ! Enjoy your first cruise with them. You will love it !

IHG Platinum Elite = MSC Silver

Carnival Gold = MSC Silver

Hyatt Explorist = MSC Gold

Marriott Silver = MSC Silver

Hopes this helps.

Bret

Thank you everyone for your replies. Based off this advice, I submitted a match for Hyatt Explorist. I will let you all know what comes of it. :)

Thank you everyone for your replies. Based off this advice, I submitted a match for Hyatt Explorist. I will let you all know what comes of it. :)

Someone has put on a live review for last week and at the beginning they have said they got Black from their hotel status. Why not ask them which hotel group that was with?

As already posted we got black with Accor.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

In 2016, I booked the Seaside..did the status match. I had to cancel that cruise. I recently booked the Meraviglia. My question is, since doing the status match, I have moved up the ladder on another cruise line and know that it would also put me higher for MSC. Can I redo this or should I just be happy with what I have?

In 2016, I booked the Seaside..did the status match. I had to cancel that cruise. I recently booked the Meraviglia. My question is, since doing the status match, I have moved up the ladder on another cruise line and know that it would also put me higher for MSC. Can I redo this or should I just be happy with what I have?

Officially, no redo possible.

Someone has put on a live review for last week and at the beginning they have said they got Black from their hotel status. Why not ask them which hotel group that was with?

As already posted we got black with Accor.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I had wrote the review you were talking about. I had Platinum status with Accor and was matched with black.

Does anyone know what Diamond Plus on Royal Caribbean is? I'm thinking it's Black.
Yes we got matched to black. Will be doing our first cruise with msc June 30 on seaside. If it's a good cruise we will be booking more with MSC and less with royal. MSC pricing for cabins is great. Our week in a crown loft gets two weeks in a yacht club balcony.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Thanks frank - yes we do GS and Yacht Club sounds appealing.
Yacht club balcony room has square footage of js on royal. But the amenities and price 2e are going to give it a try. Oct we will be going back to a cl on allure so we will see if msc has won over our business.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk