MSC Seaside Review 4-7-18 to 4-14-18

cruisintheislands83

My Review Of the MSC Seaside 4-7-18 to4-14-18

---------------------------------------------------------------

This is the first cruise my wife &I have ever taken. At first we were scared to take a cruise because of getting sea sick, having bad weather or any other issues & we did not know what to expect. But I saw an article online about the MSC seaside & saw it was a new boat so I said to my wife if we where ever going to take a cruise now was the time as it was a brand new boat & looked fantastic. Then we saw MSC also offer a status match program which we where glad because it allowed us to match our hotel status to MSC Black status.

The reservation process was very simple just like reserving anything else. Then once we had our reservation the online check-in process was also very easy to add our information & was great how it allowed us to add on other options at a reduced price if we purchased them now.

Once we arrived at the cruise port we had given our luggage to the porter to load onto the boat. Now from the time we dropped our luggage off the check-in process was quick &simple. Also the check-in lady was very nice and explained everything to us. I also thought it was a nice touch that since the time you checked in MSC provided water for people waiting in the check-in area until they could board the boat. Since we were black card members we could quickly board the boat & I must say since the moment we stepped on the boat we were wowed by how beautiful the boat was. The crystal staircases, the big atrium, all the different venues on the boat. Everything was very pretty & even throughout our whole trip we were still amazed how beautiful the ship was.

Now once we were on the boat we walked around to explore a little bit & then we headed to the buffet to eat lunch. The buffet had plenty of choices for everyone and all the food was delicious. We are use to going to all inclusive resorts &I must say the quality of food on the MSC way above any of the resorts we have been to. Then after lunch it was around 2pm &our room was ready & our luggage sitting outside our door. We had a balcony room & we opened our door & were shocked at how big the room was as we always thought everyone said the rooms are small on ships but this room had plenty of room & was very nicely decorated.

So after getting into our room we wentout to explore a little more. We really liked all the differentoutside decks where you could walk around and explore. Also it wasnice that the buffet had an outdoor seating area to enjoy the weatherwhile eating. Another thing we really enjoyed was the bridge ofsighes it was a wonderful view from way up there and was cool to beable to look down & see how high up you where.

Now after walking around it was timefor dinner. We had the early seating which was perfect for us &we ate in the Ipanema restaurant. Again the restaurant was very nicelooking & as soon as we walked in all the waiters where standingthere ready to greet us the first day. Then we got shown to ourtable & our waiter came over & introduced himself. The foodon the menu was great. I liked how they always had some thingseveryday in case you did not like something on the daily menu whichwas nice to have so many choices. The food all week long was great inthe restaurant & was very good quality.

We also purchased the relaxation spa package for our cruise which came with a massage, facial, body scrub& cruise pass for the thermal area of the boat. My wife & I really enjoyed the thermal area as it had a snow room, 2 different types of saunas, 2 types of steam rooms, different shows with water infused with different smells, salt room & an indoor &outdoor Jacuzzi. It was great to have this kind of relaxation area on the boat. Also it was nice there was a private outdoor deck area with chairs for getting sun as it gave you a place to go that was more private and not so full.

Now for the entertainment we really enjoyed the different shows they had each night on the cruise. They are some very talented people that put the shows on. It was a good mix of singing, dancing, acrobatics. It was also nice how you could make a reservation for the shows right from your phone which made it very convenient. We are not big party people but we did checkout a few of the parties which looked fun if you are into that type of stuff. We really enjoyed that they also had different areas of the boat with live music so you could sit & relax while listening to the music & having a drink. There where plenty of choices for entertainment for everyone.

The daily guide they delivered to your room each evening was a nice way to plan your day & to see what different entertainment options there are for the day as well as what different sales were happening everyday. Also it was great being a black member for all the different perks you got during your trip. It was almost like everyday you received something new in your room. From the chocolate covered strawberries & champagne to the,chocolate boat & MSC tote bag. Also the different events like the black party & the voyagers party.

Throughout our stay we could really tell the MSC takes pride in there product & wants to make sure everything is the best. In the buffet there would always be managers walking around making sure everything was just right. I remember one day even seeing the manager or chef trying some muesli cereal it was not just right he said so the staff fixed it until he said it was 100% perfect. The kind of thing really shows that everyone really cares and wants everything to be 100% perfect. I also wanted to say the pizza maker & pastry chef's do a great job. I had to have pizza everyday because it was so delicious as well as the many fresh pastries that were made each day.

At the end of our cruise one thing thatI thought was a very nice touch is the captain held a show thatshowed some video & photos of the off limits areas of the MSCSeaside. It was nice to see more about the inner workings of theship & what all goes on behind the scenes.

All the staff on the MSC were wonderful& very friendly. They really made you feel welcomed & glad that you were there. MSC says they want every cruise to be as special as there guests & they sure do know how to make there guests feel special. I am not the kind of person who rushes into things but my wife & I had such a wonderful time we already booked our next cruise and will be sailing on the MSC Divina in November. We can't wait until they have more ships going out of the USA to different places. As far as I am concerned MSC will be the only company we will cruise with. I will also be telling all my family and friends about MSC.

Dusten

Loved your review ! We sailed the Divina last year and fell in love with her beauty . You are truly going to love it ! We booked the Seaside while on that cruise .

Can you share your cabin number or where about you were on the ship ? And did you feel like you had enough storage space in the cabin ? TIA

I’m glad you had such a wonderful first cruise. You will now be a cruiser for life like the rest of us. Happy sailing!!!

Yeap, sure will be. We are even thinking about maybe booking another cruise with MSC before our November one.

Love that MSC hooked you!! It's a great cruise line and the Divina is a lovely ship as well. Thank you for sharing your review!

Your welcome. We are really looking forward to the Divina trip as it has allot of different islands it stops at.

Hi Dusten,

It is always wonderful to read about the experiences of a newbie cruiser. Some of us are “old salts” and it is still a thrill to hear about a first-time cruise as seen through your eyes.

Thanks so much...:)

Your welcome. We were actually sitting beside a couple at dinner that has been on over 80 cruises. I can see after our first cruise our number will be up there someday to. They say MSC will have 4 ships going out of Miami in 2019 so looking forward to more cruises with them.

Loved your review ! We sailed the Divina last year and fell in love with her beauty . You are truly going to love it ! We booked the Seaside while on that cruise .

Can you share your cabin number or where about you were on the ship ? And did you feel like you had enough storage space in the cabin ? TIA

Glad you enjoyed my review. We can't wait till November to sail on Divina.

Yes, our cabin number was 11057. We booked a Bella Balcony guarantee but where upgraded to a Fantastica Balcony but it did not come with any extra perks. It was on the front part of the ship on the left hand side right over the fitness center. It was nice because we also repurchased the relaxation spa package for 2 which gave us access to the private outdoor area of the spa with loungers and a Jacuzzi. We could see this outside area from our room and it was hardly ever busy but if it was we could just wait a little before going down.

The cabin was pretty spacious. My wife & I each had 1 big suitcase which fit under the bed easily. My wife took most of the hangers but I did have some room left for me. Taking extra hangers would be a +. Also there are cabinets in the closest to put clothing in as well. Overall the room was pretty spacious compared to what I imagined it would be.