Cruise and Maritime

Just booked Fjord cruise on Magellan for next September similar route to Thomson, but BOGOF and paying for drinks package still came in over £100 cheaper than Thomson so decided to take the plunge, cabins look nicer and so do public areas so hopefully all should be good, just hope we are not run over by Madge and her electric scooter, as I hear there are a lot of old ones aboard lol: :D:D:D

Just booked Fjord cruise on Magellan for next September similar route to Thomson, but BOGOF and paying for drinks package still came in over £100 cheaper than Thomson so decided to take the plunge, cabins look nicer and so do public areas so hopefully all should be good, just hope we are not run over by Madge and her electric scooter, as I hear there are a lot of old ones aboard lol: :D:D:D

I'll let you know.

We are doing Foreland Splendour on 20th May from Newcastle on Magellan.

Sent from my Hudl 2 using Tapatalk

• 1 year later...

Hi, I was just wondering if you enjoyed this cruise, particularly the ports of call? We are booked on Cruise and Maritime for a very similar cruise in June this year and are looking for advise on the trips, etc.

Thanks very much in anticipation.

Well, we have taken a gamble and just gone ahead and booked as we really like the look of the itinerary; mostly Scotland but husband will be spending his 70th birthday in the Faroe Islands.

CMV Magellen - 8 nights from 14th July 2017 ex Dublin calling at Liverpool, Greenock, Tobermory (Mull), Kirkwall (Orkney), Torshavn (Faroes), Lerwick (Shetland), Dundee then finishing at Newcastle.

Very simple phone booking (like Thomson the website cannot accept non-UK addresses) - and we already have our cabin number at no extra cost.

Have we done the right thing in jumping ship - only time will tell Maybe we will be saying come back Thomson all is forgiven but ti will be good to try a different company.

Only 349 days to go!

Hi, I was just wondering if you enjoyed this cruise, particularly the ports of call? We are booked on Cruise and Maritime for a very similar cruise in June this year and are looking for advise on the trips, etc.

Sorry - we had to cancel a few months before we were due to sail due to my husbands ill health.

Hope you have a great cruise.

Hi. Tours in Norway are all generally very good, particularly the scenic ones.

Our favourite was in Stavanger where we took a trip by boat to a private garden island (Flor something?). It was a ship's tour.

In Flam, the Norway in a Nutshell is an excellent full day with lunch (although quite expensive, as is everything in Norway).

We enjoyed the Magellan cruise very much. Quite similar to Fred Olsen in terms of cruise experience.

Sent from my Hudl 2 using Tapatalk

I've booked to go on the Columbus next year from Tilbury. Fantastic itinerary taking in Finland, Sweden, Estonia, St Petersburg and Germany.

Looks amazing and I got a very good price.

Cabins look very spacious and have chosen cabin number (free). They also give you the option of having a free upgrade if available at the time of sailing.

Can't wait!

Is this the old Ocean Village ship. If yes, it was lovely....

It certanly is the old Ocean Village.

Our first ever cruise was on OV2 which was a lovely ship also.We had a number of other cruises on her until she sailed off to Australia(?) then we found ourselves looking for something similar to her and its been Thomson/TUI since

It certanly is the old Ocean Village.

Our first ever cruise was on OV2 which was a lovely ship also.We had a number of other cruises on her until she sailed off to Australia(?) then we found ourselves looking for something similar to her and its been Thomson/TUI since

Me to. :-)