Elite bar setup?

monakayk

Not to good to hear about it taking days to change out the Elite bar if you are wanting a coffee card changeout. With expiry dates in effect I'd want to take advantage of my card from the first day, especially if I am not cruising again that year.

All depends on how Room Service is responding to the pressure, I spent ages trying to get on the phone to them on Island Princess, but there were 1,000 Elites on board, probably all driving Room Service crazy.

Happy cruising, I hope you manage to get your coffee card before you disembark.:')

On Royal Princess cruises with over 1200 elites (October 2013) and over 1500 elites (October 2017) we had our minibar exchange done by dinner on the first day.

I will see how they go on Sapphire and Royal then in the next couple of months.:halo:

Thank you for information.

On Royal Princess cruises with over 1200 elites (October 2013) and over 1500 elites (October 2017) we had our minibar exchange done by dinner on the first day.

My experience ... on Royal in December -- I called room service, ring-no-answer for three days.

...put the phone down. come back 10 minutes later ...still ringing.

I called the purser's desk, and asked to have the room service supervisor call me.

Rather than doing that, they put me through to room service.

...who apologized that they were busy at the beginning of the cruise.

If I can't use a pre-existing coffee card in the future, I will be very anxious

to trade promptly...

Hi all!! I have another "Mini Bar" question. We are going to be on the Crown sailing in Europe for two weeks. We purchased it as a two week cruise, though Princess is selling the weeks as one, two or three week cruises. My Partner wanted to know if Princess refills the Mini Bar (for free) for the 2nd week. I think not -- but I said I would ask.

We also exchanged mini bar items for more vodka and he prefers rum, but Princess did not offer rum so scotch it was...:cool:

Happy Sailing to all..:D:D

Hi all!! I have another "Mini Bar" question. We are going to be on the Crown sailing in Europe for two weeks. We purchased it as a two week cruise, though Princess is selling the weeks as one, two or three week cruises. My Partner wanted to know if Princess refills the Mini Bar (for free) for the 2nd week. I think not -- but I said I would ask.

We also exchanged mini bar items for more vodka and he prefers rum, but Princess did not offer rum so scotch it was...:cool:

Happy Sailing to all..:D:D

When booking as a longer cruise that can be booked as shorter segments, you’ll receive a minibar for each segment of your cruise so you’ll receive 2 complete minibars...enjoy! :)

Unfortunately it’s been many years since I last saw rum in the minibar.

If either of you are eligible for Loyalty credit (21+ cruise credits), as I recall that like the minibar that’s also based on how many cruises are part of your longer cruise booking.

It's OBC from Princess. You receive $25 on your 21st cruise or cruise credit, whichever comes first. You'll get a card in your cabin. You only get one per cabin even if both passengers have reached that number of cruise credits.

21 to 31 is $25

32 to 41 is $50

42 to 51 is $75

52+ is $100

Edited by Astro Flyer

Sorry for the double post. This is something I bookmarked some time ago, but think it is still showing today’s contents of minibar.

The only change since then is the Canadian whiskey has been replaced with Scotch whisky.

Question:What will my mini-bar consist of?

Answer:Elite members will get a one-time complimentary mini-bar set-up (1 per Elite stateroom) which consists of two (2) miniature bottles each of Cognac, Gin, Vodka and Scotch Whisky, two (2) 12 ounce cans of beer, two (2) 12ounce cans/bottles of tonic water, two (2) 12 ounce cans of Coca Cola, two (2)12 ounce cans of Sprite, two (2) 0.5 liter bottles of water, two (2) 11 ounce bottles of Perrier. The contents of the mini-bar are subject to change.

If either of you are eligible for Loyalty credit (21+ cruise credits), as I recall that like the minibar that’s also based on how many cruises are part of your longer cruise booking.

Unfortunately, at least according to two different Captain's Circle hosts, the loyalty credit is applied per booking number. So, if a 14 night cruise was booked with one booking number, and is also sold as 2 separate 7 night cruises - while you get your Captain’s Circle perks on each leg, including mini-bar, Internet, etc - your loyalty credit is only one - for the single booking number.

Something to consider when booking, if you're eligible for it, as it all plays into total costs..

When booking as a longer cruise that can be booked as shorter segments, you’ll receive a minibar for each segment of your cruise so you’ll receive 2 complete minibars...enjoy! :)

Unfortunately it’s been many years since I last saw rum in the minibar.

Astro Flyer - Thank you so much!!! :D I am very surprised. We are Elite - but I will have to check on my cruise credits for the Loyalty Bonus. We are getting two each for this cruise. Thanks again...

P.S. Just checked we presently have 16 cruise credits plus 2 for this upcoming cruise... Getting closer to 21!!!:)

did I read this correctly...no RUM ?? can't even trade for Ron Bacardi? why? Rum has got to be cheaper than the scotch or cognac right?

No Rum in the mini-bar... Or to exchange... We were surprised too...:(

Unfortunately, at least according to two different Captain's Circle hosts, the loyalty credit is applied per booking number. So, if a 14 night cruise was booked with one booking number, and is also sold as 2 separate 7 night cruises - while you get your Captain’s Circle perks on each leg, including mini-bar, Internet, etc - your loyalty credit is only one - for the single booking number.

Something to consider when booking, if you're eligible for it, as it all plays into total costs..

Thanks for refreshing my memory about the procedure because it’s been 4 years since we were in that situation.

That’s another consideration we use in addition to other types of OBC such as military & shareholder credits before determining our best net price.

Astro Flyer - Thank you so much!!! :D I am very surprised. We are Elite - but I will have to check on my cruise credits for the Loyalty Bonus. We are getting two each for this cruise. Thanks again...

P.S. Just checked we presently have 16 cruise credits plus 2 for this upcoming cruise... Getting closer to 21!!!:)

While the extra Loyalty credit is good it’s the cruises we’ve sailed getting there that’s our best benefit. ;)

Starting about 5 years ago a cruise credit is given for every segment, no matter if it was booked by itself or as a part of a multi-segment single booking.

However, the loyalty credit is only given per booking number, so a b2b with a single booking number would get two cruise credits but only one loyalty OBC (if eligible).

Me too but they’ll happily sell 375ml bottles of rum:

Bacardi White 375ml bottle Item #2359 $17.25

Cruzan Coconut Rum 375ml bottle Item #2360 $17.25

I prefer the dark rum, Captain Morgans or Myers or the Aussie Bundaberg Rum, all with coke and ice, lubbly jubbly.

I prefer the dark rum, Captain Morgans or Myers or the Aussie Bundaberg Rum, all with coke and ice, lubbly jubbly.

NSWP - My Partner swears by Myers. We do all our shopping in St. Maarten. We just got 2 one liter bottles of Myers for US$20... I'm a Grey Goose (2 for US$25) and Stoli drinker (2 for US$18) - great buys on those too... Happy Sailing!!!

NSWP - My Partner swears by Myers. We do all our shopping in St. Maarten. We just got 2 one liter bottles of Myers for US$20... I'm a Grey Goose (2 for US$25) and Stoli drinker (2 for US$18) - great buys on those too... Happy Sailing!!!

That is cheap booze, the more you drink the more you save at those prices...enjoy. ;p

A 750 ml (26oz) bottle of dark rum here in the liquor stores is about AU$35 (US$27) so you did well.

Duty free at Sydney airport you generally get the 1125ml bottle for the price of the 750ml.

All about taxes, on my travels I note the prices you have in USA and Europe.:o