Prices HUH??

Sea and Me

Has anyone encountered this on Princess website?? Today looked at Oct.28th Caribbean Princess and they have it listed as oceanview obstructed $1289, then when I go to do a mock booking its $1489, what gives with the difference in price?? Very frustrating!!

Have a good day:)

This happens to me all the time. I think the initial price you see is the starting price for the lowest category cabin. When you go through to book, there may not be anything available in this category so it bumps up to the lowest price for available cabins. I get it almost every time as I book for 3 people rather than 2. Since there are less 3 person cabins, the lowest ones are usually sold out. Just this morning I did a fake booking on a 3 day that had balconies at $348. As soon as I went through and selected 3 people, it jumped to $519....

Sigh

Has anyone encountered this on Princess website?? Today looked at Oct.28th Caribbean Princess and they have it listed as oceanview obstructed $1289, then when I go to do a mock booking its $1489, what gives with the difference in price?? Very frustrating!!

The first price lists as “from” a certain number . As those few lowest priced cabins are snatched up you are seeing what remains in the category. No different than other vendors who list a “from” price but are often out of the lowest priced model.

Sometimes you can see the lower price if you switch the cabin selection to only ONE passenger. I've see cruises that don't say they are sold out in any category but, when I look, there are no cabins available in certain categories. If I change the selection from 2 passengers to only 1 passenger there are suddenly cabins available.

Sometimes you can see the lower price if you switch the cabin selection to only ONE passenger. I've see cruises that don't say they are sold out in any category but, when I look, there are no cabins available in certain categories. If I change the selection from 2 passengers to only 1 passenger there are suddenly cabins available.

So could you book at the lower price and then add a second passenger later?

Location????

This happened to me last week. I was looking at a cruise for $261. Went back & forth looking at different cabins available. In the middle of trying to book it went up to $321 for the same cabin I had just looked at for the lower price. Started all over, again it listed $261 in the beginning & when I go to choose cabin it was $321. Called Princess & they said they didn't see any $261 rate.

so when looking i take screen shots of every page. So If the price I saw disappears in the great ocean in the sky I have proof the price did exist. I know once saw a big price difference and when I went to call and go back and time out- the lower price had set sail but I had a screen shot. and got my reduced price.

This happens to me all the time. I think the initial price you see is the starting price for the lowest category cabin. When you go through to book, there may not be anything available in this category so it bumps up to the lowest price for available cabins. I get it almost every time as I book for 3 people rather than 2. Since there are less 3 person cabins, the lowest ones are usually sold out. Just this morning I did a fake booking on a 3 day that had balconies at $348. As soon as I went through and selected 3 people, it jumped to $519....

Sigh

You are right about it is only the starting price and may not always reflect what's left in stock. Switching to three probably moved you to another category to find a room for 3.

If you are comparing prices on a particular cabin on a given sailing and when going back and forth see different prices, make sure your web browser is updating itself and not reposting an already downloaded page.