Meditterean

Asea42

This is a port intensive cruise--your main point is to enjoy the various stops and have a comfortable "floating hotel" for the cruise. Thus, the ports are the same regardless of the cruise line or ship you choose. At the same time, we know next to nothing about you, your priorities, finances, etc.

We've done the Med on an upscale, costly line. I wouldn't be inclined to pay the higher than normal charges again. I'd look at the ports I wanted to visit and see which ships did them. Also realize that smaller ships can get into ports that the mega ships can't. We like Princess. We like ships that hold 2500-3000 passengers max (not including crew). And we like Med cruises. Some of the smaller city ports are amazing--Kusadosi, Durovnik, etc. were far better than Civitavecchia (for Rome) or Liverno(for Florence).

There are web sites (we are not allowed to post them here) where you can do a search for your dates and "Med" and learn what ships will be cruising that area during the time you are considering. Look at the ports they will be visiting and choose from there.

Edited by moki'smommy

We love Princess and have been to the Med with them several times.

that said, all lines and all people are different. I suggest you talk to a travel agent who specializes in cruises. Find some that go to the Med. You can probably eliminate some that are too short or too long for you or are too expensive. Etc.

We’ve done 3 Med Cruises; Princess was 2 out of the 3, and Celebrity was the last one. Princess won hands down for us. The ship isn’t AS important on the port intensive Med Cruises because you’re touring 12 hours a day and crashing at night, but it’s still nice coming back to quality, and for us, that’s Princess.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Looking to go on a Medditerraen cruise to Greece , first time going on a cruise. What is a good cruise line for this trip ?

Given that you posted this on the Princess board, you might expect a bias here to Princess. Have sailed multiple lines but that is our go to line if all else is similar. You should find the itinerary that best suits what you want to see and do.