Aqua vs Concierge

APiratepast 50

We're booked on Equinox May 25th. Currently we are guarantee concierge (assigned 1106) I noticed the price has dropped for GTY Aqua class to be only $50 more per person than what we currently have. Is it worth it to try and upgrade and more importantly is it even possible.

We're booked on Equinox May 25th. Currently we are guarantee concierge (assigned 1106) I noticed the price has dropped for GTY Aqua class to be only $50 more per person than what we currently have. Is it worth it to try and upgrade and more importantly is it even possible.

If you have a Travel Agent, check with them, if not, call Celebrity direct. From everything I have read, Aqua could definitely be worth an extra $50 per cabin. You are able to eat in what is supposed to be a much more intimate and higher quality restaurant, "Blu". The only caution would be to check which Aqua cabin is available and see the placement is acceptable to you.

If you have a Travel Agent, check with them, if not, call Celebrity direct. From everything I have read, Aqua could definitely be worth an extra $50 per cabin. You are able to eat in what is supposed to be a much more intimate and higher quality restaurant, "Blu". The only caution would be to check which Aqua cabin is available and see the placement is acceptable to you.

We are quite forward now and from the website it looks like only 4 or 5 Aquas are available midship. All others look unavailable.

We are quite forward now and from the website it looks like only 4 or 5 Aquas are available midship. All others look unavailable.

I would definitely go for it, and quickly. Things change every day. Your current forward cabin has no special attributes. Concierge benefits don't compare with Aqua and a midship cabin will feel less movement than the forward cabins. Go for it. (one caution, if you have perks included with your current reservation make sure they stay if you upgrade)

Here is a great website to check out the potential cabins.

https://cruisedeckplans.com/DP/deckplans/Celebrity-Equinox

I would definitely go for it, and quickly. Things change every day. Your current forward cabin has no special attributes. Concierge benefits don't compare with Aqua and a midship cabin will feel less movement than the forward cabins. Go for it.

Here is a great website to check out the potential cabins.

https://cruisedeckplans.com/DP/deckplans/Celebrity-Equinox

Just sent my TA an email

Wish we could do this in uk. Cruise I am booked on has had a big price reduction. Nothing we can do, I did ask about upgrading to aqua but was told it would not be the price offered today but the price it was on the day I booked.

Of well at least I am going on a cruise. 😄

I would definitely upgrade at that price; I don't find the Concierge Class perks useful, but do enjoy some of the Aqua perks - Blu is a step-up from the main dining room and the Persian Gardens is nice on S-Class ships.

Well, nothing is what seems with cabin prices. In order to keep all the OBC and perks with our original booking it would end up being a little over $500 pp to upgrade. I think we stick with what we've got. Thanks for all the input.:cool::cool::cool: clear.png?emoji-cool-1690

That is usually the situation when the price has dropped. I constantly check prices and keep a spread sheet on cruises that I may be interest in or have. Whenever there seems to be a good price it doesn’t include any perks and when you add the perks back in it usually ends up being a lot more.

It would be ok for someone that doesn’t want any perks and wants to save money up front but for us we enjoy the drink package and the savings doesn’t warrant it when it is less than $50/day pp.

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Well, nothing is what seems with cabin prices. In order to keep all the OBC and perks with our original booking it would end up being a little over $500 pp to upgrade. I think we stick with what we've got. Thanks for all the input.:cool::cool::cool: clear.png?emoji-cool-1690

Thinks could be different before final payment some promos (perks) are only valid for new bookings

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We have a balcony(hump) for 11 days on Constellation and had an opportunity to change to Aqua for +$700. I decided not to go with it because I thought the only advantage we would really use would be dining in Blu. We always do specialty dining for 4 or 5 nights anyway.

Hate to miss a real opportunity as many here say $50 pp/d is a good deal. We have never done concierge or Aqua so maybe I don't know what I am missing.

We have a balcony(hump) for 11 days on Constellation and had an opportunity to change to Aqua for +$700. I decided not to go with it because I thought the only advantage we would really use would be dining in Blu. We always do specialty dining for 4 or 5 nights anyway.

Hate to miss a real opportunity as many here say $50 pp/d is a good deal. We have never done concierge or Aqua so maybe I don't know what I am missing.

We've done both concierge and aqua. The main advantage of concierge to us is the larger cabin on M-class ships, the embarkation luncheon in the MDR and the extra captains club points if you want to move to a higher loyalty level more quickly. In our opinion, aqua offers more. You still get the same points, same cabin size (although with a better shower), access to Persian Garden, dining in Blu, but no MDR embarkation luncheon. We only opt for these if the differential between verandah and level we choose isn't too great. $50 would be a no brainer, but sometimes you can't keep your perks with certain price drops. We have been able to many times keep our perks when upgrading and paying more than our original booking price.

We've done both concierge and aqua. The main advantage of concierge to us is the larger cabin on M-class ships, the embarkation luncheon in the MDR and the extra captains club points if you want to move to a higher loyalty level more quickly. In our opinion, aqua offers more. You still get the same points, same cabin size (although with a better shower), access to Persian Garden, dining in Blu, but no MDR embarkation luncheon. We only opt for these if the differential between verandah and level we choose isn't too great. $50 would be a no brainer, but sometimes you can't keep your perks with certain price drops. We have been able to many times keep our perks when upgrading and paying more than our original booking price.

Yeah, I was able to do an upgrade with no more cash in for my recent Equinox cruise. However, the price had dropped a LOT from what I had booked concierge at, so much so that the "non-teaser" rate for Aqua was similar to what I had paid originally for Concierge.

Was 1st cruise on Celebrity(and 1st cruise ever for my wife). We may have spoiled ourselves for future cruises, because our Aqua experience was GREAT.

Yeah, I was able to do an upgrade with no more cash in for my recent Equinox cruise. However, the price had dropped a LOT from what I had booked concierge at, so much so that the "non-teaser" rate for Aqua was similar to what I had paid originally for Concierge.

Was 1st cruise on Celebrity(and 1st cruise ever for my wife). We may have spoiled ourselves for future cruises, because our Aqua experience was GREAT.

That is a risk you take when you try something new like Aqua Class!;p

:D Same thing happened to us. Upgraded to AQ on our first Celebrity cruise after the price dropped... never went back.

Just one time we did not book AQ because the difference in price was way too much. Missed BLU from day one and found the MDR loud and hectic.

The only cruise where we will not be in AQ is a cruise on Edge next year. Edge offers so many new venue which we want to try there would be no time left for BLU anyway.

Wow...guess I need to consider ourselves lucky. We booked Concierge on the Solstice (for travel late June) in early March. Booked directly with Celebrity by phone. We chose Concierge over Aqua at the time due to cabin locations available. I noticed last week that Aqua had gone down in $$, and there were now cabins available in our preferred location. I called Celebrity and was able to upgrade for same price and keep our 2 perks ($300 OBC and classic drink package). Does it depend on sailing and how booked the ship is?

I think based on pricing alone, I would definitely upgrade. That said, be sure you are ok with a cabin in any location, and a possible obstruction (we had big window washing equipment right outside our balcony AQ last cruise), or handicapped accessible. Those are the chances you take with GTY. And current availability helps to know, but it also can change as people move cabins, upgrade to higher levels, etc..

I think based on pricing alone, I would definitely upgrade. That said, be sure you are ok with a cabin in any location, and a possible obstruction (we had big window washing equipment right outside our balcony AQ last cruise), or handicapped accessible. Those are the chances you take with GTY. And current availability helps to know, but it also can change as people move cabins, upgrade to higher levels, etc..

My wife and I are leaving on the Jazz cruise on the Equinox tomorrow. Even though we have a nice 2B on the six deck with a great balcony. I’m not all that happy. It’ll be the first time we’re not in Aqua in a very long time. In fact out of nearly forty cruises, mostly S-Class, we’ve been in the exact same cabin or the one next to it thirty times or more.

The problem is wheelchair accessibility. Those cabins sell out so fast, we have to book as soon as they release them, which is usually more than a year in advance. So ask me if I like Aqua? No question there! One deck down and you have the Solarium the AquaSpa Cafe and spa facilities just a couple of steps away. Two decks up and you’re in Sky for the Elite party or some other fun event, and the best sailaway venue on the ship. The theater is five decks straight down.

If it wasn’t for Blu, which is amazing, I might never get to another part of the ship! Nah, just kidding I need the coffee from Al Bacio, once in a while a specialty restaurant, and that occasional trip to the feeding trough in Oceanview. JMHO.

Edited by ldambra

So let me ask all you Celebrity pros this, since this will be our first sailing with them...Summit repo in October.

I have an aft-facing Concierge stateroom on deck 8, and the Aqua Class staterooms on deck 9 are the same price. From what I understand, the deck 9 Aqua Class have the large overhang.

Would you give up an aft (with the large balcony) to move to deck 9 Aqua?

Have a great time. Blu is nice and you always have the option of the MDR.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

So let me ask all you Celebrity pros this, since this will be our first sailing with them...Summit repo in October.

I have an aft-facing Concierge stateroom on deck 8, and the Aqua Class staterooms on deck 9 are the same price. From what I understand, the deck 9 Aqua Class have the large overhang.

Would you give up an aft (with the large balcony) to move to deck 9 Aqua?

No, I like cabins above and below ;).