Princess's PENNE ALL' ARRABBIATA recipe

Coral

Princess's March newsletter has the recipe for PENNE ALL' ARRABBIATA - the spicy pasta that they make in the dining room in different sections of the dining room. I know I love this on my cruises and I am sure others do also.

Here is the link: http://contact.princess.com/LP=204?utm_campaign=PE6MD002_US&utm_medium=email&utm_source=Eloqua&elqTrackId=0f40c463cff546b3beaa059768298a6c&elq=56a31f7b7fdf4e31a0e2e35305bdf4c4&elqaid=2280&elqat=1&elqCampaignId=2416

Just hoping in the future if they would provide their carbonara recipe!

Edited by Coral

• 2 years later...

I LOVE Princess’ arrabbiata! Thanks for posting this!

I’ve definitely had some spicy arrabbiatas over the years, much hotter than 1/2 tsp. of red pepper flakes would indicate. Maybe some headwaiters punch it up a notch? And 1/4 cup of garlic? My husband would sell the house if I cooked that indoors. Definitely a recipe for the outdoor grill area. The entire neighborhood will smell like a Princess ship on Italian night, a very good thing in my mind.

Thirty-three years ago, DH and I were sitting outdoors at a restaurant in Trastevere (Rome) when a foreign customer sitting at the next table asked for something spicy. The waiter recommended penne all'arrabiata. The customer insisted repeatedly to the point of obnoxiousness that it had to be really spicy. The waiter returned with the pasta and then stood off to the side. He and we watched the bald customer's face and bald head become bright red after taking a couple of bites and his eyes began watering. It doesn't pay to be obnoxious to a waiter anywhere!

When DH orders it on Princess he always asks for additional red pepper flakes on the side.