President's club

schylger

Good for you at Trivia!

We love the 4 star rewards, but find the 5 star ones are very nice, too. Prefer the two complimentary Pinnacle to 50% discount! I can see the rest is of no interest to many, but we would do them anyways, so the savings is good.

I'm glad you enjoy them all. Possibly I will feel differently when I am five star (possibly sometime next year)

Recently we booked three back to backs, each only seven days. As five star, we got two pinnacles per person per leg of the cruise, for a total of six visits in three weeks. That is really more than the average stomach could take. We were able to use two of our pinnacles for guests to accompany us.

That was great!

Recently we booked three back to backs, each only seven days. As five star, we got two pinnacles per person per leg of the cruise, for a total of six visits in three weeks. That is really more than the average stomach could take. We were able to use two of our pinnacles for guests to accompany us.

That was great!

Excellent! There is certainly something to be said about Collector's Cruises. Glad this worked out so well for you.

That was great!

We did th same. :)

Hi Dorothy and George!

We miss you both on the world cruise, but understand about the time limits.

We have been members of the President's Club for 1 1/2 years now, and we have seen new members taken in during the voyage. Perhaps more so, in the beginning of the cruise. If you reach the 1400 days while on the cruise, you will be inducted. As far as we understand, only travel agent hosts are not invited into the club.

You two must be close to getting in by now. It is definitely worth the wait. The benefits keep us loyal to HAL, since it doesn't pay us to go elsewhere.

You could always do some segments of the world cruise too.

Bill & Mary Ann

The HAL President's Club = 5 Star Mariner

5 Star Mariner = President's Club

This is an unpublished level. It's as close to a secret society as HAL has. We members keep very quiet about it and nearly all of us are discreet and low profile people.

The requirement for this level is 1,400 days of actual cruise days and an invitation (this is to disqualify people with massive numbers of days who paid travel agent rate; lecturers, double days for suites etc.)

There are about fifty of us; Chris at 55 and member since age 49 and I, member since 2010 at age 59, are the 2 youngest.

The pin is a gold washed image of the Halve Maen and NIEUW AMSTERDAM of 1938. The pins are irreplaceable and we keep ours in a safe deposit box at the bank.

We are 5 star, but we are not President's Club by a long shot. You make this sound like it is interchangeable? However we had some very odd recognitions on our last cruise (at 2 medallion ceremonies since it was a collectors cruise).

We attend these award events as an enjoyable recognition of our fellow cruisers, even though we had no special status for further awards ourselves. So we were surprised when we were called up for some sort of elevated recognition, beyond those who had gotten their cruise day medallions - we were attributed with some extraordinary numbers of "cruise days" which we figured must have been the combined number of cruise credit days, because the numbers they mentioned were certainly not our actual cruise days. (I wish)

We mentioned this to someone official (CD or GR?) that there was some mistake, but then again at the next medallion ceremony we were honored again as some sort of elevated HAL cruise days "royalty".

Very odd - we are only silver medallion and five star cruise credit mariners, so we left not knowing what was really going on. But it was fun anyway.

On this last cruise we also enjoyed complimentary large floral bouquets in our cabin for each segment, and the two very small cocktail parties with the officers as some sort of "affinity" invitation assuming this too might have been for 5 star cruisers - but nothing was disclosed other than claiming they liked inviting special HAL guests.

Okay, well we like HAL too. Hope our happy, if confusing, special new relationship continues.

BTW: The additional 5 star perks include 2 Pinnacle dinners and a complimentary thermal pool day, as well as the extra discounts on Pinnacles, shops and internet.

Edited by OlsSalt

We are 5 star, but we are not President's Club by a long shot. You make this sound like it is interchangeable? However we had some very odd recognitions on our last cruise (at 2 medallion ceremonies since it was a collectors cruise).

We attend these award events as an enjoyable recognition of our fellow cruisers, even though we had no special status for further awards ourselves. So we were surprised when we were called up for some sort of elevated recognition, beyond those who had gotten their cruise day medallions - we were attributed with some extraordinary numbers of "cruise days" which we figured must have been the combined number of cruise credit days, because the numbers they mentioned were certainly not our actual cruise days. (I wish)

We mentioned this to someone official (CD or GR?) that there was some mistake, but then again at the next medallion ceremony we were honored again as some sort of elevated HAL cruise days "royalty".

Very odd - we are only silver medallion and five star cruise credit mariners, so we left not knowing what was really going on. But it was fun anyway.

On this last cruise we also enjoyed complimentary large floral bouquets in our cabin for each segment, and the two very small cocktail parties with the officers as some sort of "affinity" invitation assuming this too might have been for 5 star cruisers - but nothing was disclosed other than claiming they liked inviting special HAL guests.

Okay, well we like HAL too. Hope our happy, if confusing, special new relationship continues.

BTW: The additional 5 star perks include 2 Pinnacle dinners and a complimentary thermal pool day, as well as the extra discounts on Pinnacles, shops and internet.

You might have been the high Mariners on those cruises and so, the extra recognition.

You might have been the high Mariners on those cruises and so, the extra recognition.

That may have been the case. GR said something about liking to pamper their 5 star cruisers. Though I gather we will get demoted down to steerage on our next big HAL fling - Voyage of the Vikings where I imagine lots of high star Mariners and Medallion awardees will also be on board.

I remember on the first grand Rotterdam from Holland to Singapore via Indonesia, the ship was crawling with high level Mariners to the chagrin of our wine steward who noted there were a lot of discounted wine packages on that cruise.

And the Mariners Brunch was a two part affair to accommodate everyone, which may also get rid of the rushing and crowds others have mentioned. The report of crowds may also be dependent on the type of cruise that could be attracting more Mariners than others.

Thanks for the post of the new menu - we love getting our tiles, but have been avoiding the luncheon itself for a while - quiche, short-ribs and key lime tart days. Plus we get enough munchies at the awards receptions.

Hi Dorothy and George!

We miss you both on the world cruise, but understand about the time limits.

We have been members of the President's Club for 1 1/2 years now, and we have seen new members taken in during the voyage. Perhaps more so, in the beginning of the cruise. If you reach the 1400 days while on the cruise, you will be inducted. As far as we understand, only travel agent hosts are not invited into the club.

You two must be close to getting in by now. It is definitely worth the wait. The benefits keep us loyal to HAL, since it doesn't pay us to go elsewhere.

You could always do some segments of the world cruise too.

Bill & Mary Ann

Thank you for your post. We wish we were still up to doing world cruises, but we cannot be away from our doctors that long! We take shorter cruises and ones where the trip home from the ship if we were to get sick, is not too difficult. We do not do long flights, which are generally required when doing world cruise segments.

My George just turned 94! So we are blessed that we can do shorter cruises at this stage. We are hoping to buy a travel scooter before our next trip which is a simple round trip from NYC.

At this stage we have only about 1240 actual sea days with HAL. We must live and be able to cruise about two years more before we get to the 1400 day level. The main thing is to watch where we put our feet...no falling allowed, which is a killer at our ages. We are so thankful for all our past trips and the memories of them and the friends we have as a result of our travels.

Fantastic! And CC has been so helpful. Right now my thread on travel scooters has provided great ideas.

I think we met through CC back in 2007 when we did our first world cruise. Thanks for remembering us.

D

......My George just turned 94! So we are blessed that we can do shorter cruises at this stage. We are hoping to buy a travel scooter before our next trip which is a simple round trip from NYC.......

D

Being well into the 70's now and pushing the 80's we admire all those who still get out there and cruise. Mobility challenged or not. We wonder ourselves how much longer we will be able to enjoy this mode of travel. Hearing you pushed the 90's barrier is an inspiration.

I hear you about falls as this has already been a problem for me - two major spills - missed curb drops while I was looking elsewhere and splat on the pavement full face down with a very slow recovery from the bruises - both happened before we boarded the ships - jet lag and excitement of new places to see -- and sheer not paying attention to where my feet were.

And shoes that allowed my foot to rotate within them as I lost my footing - so now I am paying attention to a lot more when I go out walking now. Live and learn --slowly -- and ouch, what a way to learn...... finally the obvious basics.

My travel wardrobe gets constant modifications with security in mind. And who knew my travel scarf collection would end up being use as arm sling for my crushed hand after one nasty fall in pre-cruise Singapore - missed a curb again while walking in a tightly packed crowd. A walking stick just might be my next fashion statement when cruising. It certainly saved my life when tackling the Pulpit Rock hike in Stavanger, Norway.

Thanks for your reports.

My George just turned 94! So we are blessed that we can do shorter cruises at this stage. We are hoping to buy a travel scooter before our next trip which is a simple round trip from NYC.

At this stage we have only about 1240 actual sea days with HAL. We must live and be able to cruise about two years more before we get to the 1400 day level. The main thing is to watch where we put our feet...no falling allowed, which is a killer at our ages. We are so thankful for all our past trips and the memories of them and the friends we have as a result of our travels.

D

You are both so fortunate (especially your husband being 94) and having good health.

We are in our 70's and unfortunately not in good health and the hassle of flying is getting us down.

Hope I am still here to hear when you get to 1400 or 1500 days and invited to the President's Club.

I am so rateful my late DH and I ttraveled so much when we did. He didn't live to retire \ nd I do not enjoy gteravel without him in the way I did when he was by my side. You who strill have your spouses are very fortunate and I hope you know it. :)znc hydg xomd szxgd energy on being negtative and cruel to othersas I have seeeen here on this forum from time to time.. You have been blessed.

Edited by sail7seas

I am so rateful my late DH and I ttraveled so much when we did. He didn't live to retire \ nd I do not enjoy gteravel without him in the way I did when he was by my side. You who strill have your spouses are very fortunate and I hope you know it. :)znc hydg xomd szxgd energy on being negtative and cruel to othersas I have seeeen here on this forum from time to time.. You have been blessed.

Sail, this is very true. You must have some really exceptional memories and I hope they provide you with much comfort.

Those who can travel in the manner they wish and with whom they wish are indeed very fortunate.

Sail, this is very true. You must have some really exceptional memories and I hope they provide you with much comfort.

Those who can travel in the manner they wish and with whom they wish are indeed very fortunate.

I went on the World Cruise 95 in the old ROTTERDAM. 120 days. I was just 43. Anyone thinking about doing that great cruise.. do it NOW. That cruise was 21 years ago.... still have all of those memories, the photos and best of all, the priceless friends.

Stephen

I went on the World Cruise 95 in the old ROTTERDAM. 120 days. I was just 43. Anyone thinking about doing that great cruise.. do it NOW. That cruise was 21 years ago.... still have all of those memories, the photos and best of all, the priceless friends.

Stephen

Just a warning..... Be real careful about going on "just one" World Cruise. They can be really addicting.

Scott & Karen

D

Hello Dorothy and George - so good to read your posts and know you are still cruising! Hard to believe that George is 94! Do remember trying to keep up with him in Nagasaki....

Terri

• 1 year later...

I have that pin. I received it as a gift and was told it was purchased in a SHop on board. I have had it for about 10 years and think it has no more meaning than ornamental. It is pretty on a blazer lapel, IMO

I have that pin. I received it as a gift and was told it was purchased in a SHop on board. I have had it for about 10 years and think it has no more meaning than ornamental. It is pretty on a blazer lapel, IMO

AS far as I kno,w, it has no connection to President's Clu b. Do you have reason to think otherwise?

You might be right.

It's my understanding President's Club is by understanding. I saw an e-mail of a large group of President's Club at an event on one of the ships. I think there were about 15 or so in the photo. I am sure not all were there.

We know a few couples who are Five Star and I believe they said they have in the range of 1800 + plus days.

The difference is President's Club is based on actual days sailed.

Five star adds the bonus days for spending and booking a suite.

I was speaking with our PCC the other day and found out we have more days than I thought. :o I had lost track. :D

1800+ days at sea. Wow. I'm only closing in on 300 and figure I'll never get to 500:( I'd love to talk to someone who is in the President's Club. What stories they could tell...