***Welcome To The New Cruise Countdown Club***

mstrc1

Sharon, I woke up this morning to 1 1/2" of snow. But it was only on the grass and not on any hard surface. Since the temp was at 35 and it was still snowing, it was melting and now all of the snow is completely gone. Yes that is what they are saying temps towards 70 by end of the week.

Well that was good that your friends came back and that they had a good time. At least you had the dog as company for that time.

I was talking to my good friend a few days ago and telling her what Bill does to me each and every time I make deviled eggs. He takes a few of the deviled eggs and switches them with regular eggs. Then when I think I am getting them ready , I crack them and I have egg all over the place. She was laughing hard, and I am sure you are as well. So with everyone laughing, I guess I cannot stay mad.

I hope you had a good exercise class today. On Saturday I lost .6 at weigh-in. So little by little I am slowly loosing.

Kathy

Oh no, I don't know if I would laugh or be upset to have cracked eggs! Glad you think its funny though, lol

Snow here this morning also, but all melted pretty quick.

I ordered a swim suit bottom, but it did not fit right so took it back. The legs were so loose they looked awful, half my butt was showing. I have a really hard time finding a good bottom. I don't want the bikini, I want the full cut ones.

Good for you at WW, keep plugging away at it. Like I said I have been maintaining pretty good.

Sharon

Sharon, the north side got a bit more snow than the south side. So the Cubs postponed their game and the Sox played their game. But I'll bet the Sox wished they would have not played their game. But like you said the snow that we got was all gone by the afternoon. A much different day today with the temps in the 40's. Do you believer that by Friday they are calling for temps in the 70's. Just like you said we will go from winter right to summer with no real spring.

It does seem like not much going on this week. Tomorrow we will go to our theater guild meeting, as it is always the second Wednesy of every month. Next month is the last meeting for te season as they are off for the summer. Then they will have elections for the upcoming season for board members.

Have you ever gone to 1 of those AARP driver courses once you comnplete the course you will get a discount on your auto insurance? Bill is a AARP instructor and teaches the course.

Kathy

I have never went to one of those classes, but I am always amazed at the many things Bill gets involved in!

Tonight I my friend from Zumba had a spa night at her house. I got my eyebrows waxed, never had that done before. Some of the other gals had facials. There were all kinds of snacks and veggies and of course drinks. Just got home a little bit ago.

Tomorrow night have the ballroom dance lessons with my friends down the road. I will ride with them the first night. Then the next Wed my grandson will be here so I will drive myself and maybe have time afterwards to stop and see the girls.

Also today got tired of trying to find someone to go do the "float" with me so just went ahead and made an appointment for me. It's next Tuesday so hopefully I can find it, it's in Madison somewhere. Will put it in my cars gps and hopefully not get lost.

Been thinking again way too much lately so trying to fill up my days. Went to the show earlier today and saw A quiet time. Scary movie but pretty good, didn't like the way it ended.

Sharon

Sharon, agreed he surprises me as well with all of the things he gets involved in.

Pleas let me know how your float thing goes once you complete it. It sounds interesting.

Well starting today and through Friday it will be in the 60's and even 70's by Friday.

It is good that you have a plan with going with your friends and then going by yourself. You must be looking forward to having your grandson comer and visit with you and to take the truck back with him.

We are going to our theater guild meeting tonight as soon as I get home from work. It is always the second Wednesday of every month.

Enjoy this nice weather.

Kathy

It is nice out today, did the Zumba and the breakfast afterwards. Also met some WW friends before Zumba in town and had coffee with them. They want to start walking and we were trying to decide when we could all get together. Nothing for sure set up yet.

Yes tonight is dancing, kind of wondering what it will be like without a partner going with me. Hopefully there are some other men there too.

At your meeting tonight, will they try and decide what shows to put on the next season?

Doesn't look like this weather is going to last very long, too bad, because it seems like it is time for it to be nice.

Sharon

Sharon, so what they did on Saturday was to announce the new season at each stop for the dinner. So 4 shows were announced then. Then shortly it will be posted on the web-site. There are something like 110 members and about 30-35 show up for the meeting. It usually lasts about an hour or better.

Yes, someone said it was spring. So today tomorrow and Friday temps in the 60's and even 70. But like you have said it will turn down over the weekend and next week.

I remember last year you were walking around the lake. That sounded like a good place to go walking and good exercise as well. You had a good day for exercise and eating out today. Yes, with the partner gone, and what happened last week the way you were treated was not good. You should be treated the very same with or without the partner.

Kathy

Last night was interesting, good teacher, but there were 10 women only 6 men. So you took turns dancing with the men or by yourself. Not so good. A couple of the men could dance the others couldn't. Almost preferable to dance by your self than to dance with one of them. They couldn't even seem to walk forward!

I probably will stick it out for another week or two and then see what I think about it.

Went to see an old friend who is in rehab this afternoon. He is making great progress but still has a long way to go. His feet still feel like they are asleep and it makes it hard for him to keep his balance to stand up or walk. They are sending him home next week though to recover and some therapy 2 times a week.

Sounds like there will be some fun shows for you and Bill to go to this next season.

I think the WW girls are just talking about walking around town not around the lake. But will have to see how it goes.

Sharon

Sharon, so your going for dancing and the way you are describing those men they sound very bad indeed. I don't know if this is funny or just real sad. But they do sound very bad.

When people are sent home from the hospital, it is so very important and they go to rehab and do what needs to be done to get better. Your friend sounds like he is not doing well at all. So hopefully he will start to improve with the rehab.

The meeting was just too long last night. We have never been at a meeting that long before in the past. We did not leave the place until 10:30. So we got home very late.

Another day in the 60's. We really did not get that much rain last night. I guess the best chance is over the weekend. Around here temps to 70 tomorrow and then over the weekend and next week temps back to 30's and 40's.

I would think that the walking group would do better walking around the lake with nice scenery versus just walking around the town. What would you prefer?

Kathy

Meant to tell you yesterday, this dance group is for ballroom dancing, the group that were so clickie were the line dancing group. This group was nice enough it was just that the men had never danced before evidently and didn't know the first thing about it. I will go at least one more time, then make a decision as to continue.

Did I tell you I made an appointment for the float next Tuesday, Couldn't get anyone to go with. I don't mind going alone, its just that I don't know much about Madison and would help to have someone to watch the road signs.

I think I gave you the wrong impression about my friend in rehab. He is doing great actually. He was completely paralyzed and now he can use his hands and arms and walk. He will continue to do the rehab when he goes home but he also has a great attitude which will help him.

Nasty day today, windy gray and misting out. So nice yesterday and now this again. I also saw that the deer have eaten down my tulips and hyacinths. Very disappointing, was looking forward to seeing them bloom sometime soon.

Staying home tonight, went to a thing last night uptown, different artists, some worked with jewelry, some with paint and some with photography. Then went out to eat and stopped by a new place that opened not long ago called a distillery. They were bottling vodka and we watched for a while. It was also happy hour so we had a drink.

Sharon

Sharon, I do remember you telling me about the line dancing group being so very clickie. Who needs that type of crap going on. So this ballroom dance group does not sound like a very organized group, if the men cannot dance at all. It sounds like a real cluster.

Do you have a GPS? If so then just put in the address of the place and let it guide you there. We are always using our GPS to take us places. I would be very interested to find out about how your experience at the float place.

Boy were they way off with the weather today. Yesterday they said it could go to 70 around here, but it never even come close. Only in the 40's and with the wind even colder. Then it started raining heavy at 4. So not a very nice day at all.

That is too bad about your flowers. Someone once told me that putting down, and I am drawing a blank just now. These are those balls that you put in closets. Help me out here. Anyway when we figure this out, putting those down may keep the deer away. But the damage is already done.

Wow that friend of your's is so luck being totally paralyzed and now to be walking and getting ready for rehab.

It is always nice to try new places. This place sounds like something we would be interested in viewing and watching them process the vodka.

Kathy

Moth balls, I will buy some and spread them around. They are just the leaves now so may still be able to get some flowers.

It is terribly windy here and we have had rain off and on. I am supposed to go to a dinner at the Moose around 4 pm I ordered already so thinking I should go. Hope I don't get blown away! They are also having a trivia night so should be fun. It's just this stupid weather. But I saw up nort5h further they could get between 12 and 15 in of snow so I guess this is a little better.

I have a GPS in my car, Subaru has what they call Star Link that guides you. I am looking forward to doing the float.

the dance lessons are for people who want to lean how to dance so I guess they get some of everyone, those that can, those that can a little and those that can't at all. ha ha

The guy at the distillery always remembers me when I go there because of an event I attended with some friends last fall. They had all different types of liquor and when you went in you paid $5 and got a ticket for 5 different drinks. He was the last one we stopped at and he said just try as many as you want. I tried the vodka but could not drink it straight so I poured it into my wine. Then since the band was playing a country song I got the girls to do a line dance with me. That is how come he remembers me. We were the only ones that danced, there were 4 of us. The other night he said I was awesome!! Nice to be remembered as awesome, ha ha

Sharon

Sharon, just a lazy weekend. I only had my nails done yesterday and I did nothing else. Today about the same. I laid down for a few hours and it is just terrible outside. My aunt in Oshkosh just sent me a picture of all of the snow they are getting. She said it has been snowing for 3 days now.

Yes, moth balls. Now why could I have thought of that. I was just drawing a blank.

So how was your dinner at the Mose Club? I did not no that you had been to that distillery place before. Then to have the owner remember you is also very good as well. Only paying $5.00 is a real good deal.

We have some friends running the Boston Marathon tomorrow.

I cannot imagine people not knowing how to dance at all. But I guess that is why they have places like that for those who do not.

This is good weather to be just staying inside. I really cannot be thinking of Spring when it is like this. Stay warm and dry.

Kathy

I was hesitant to go even last night with the weather but decided to go anyway. It was real windy and raining. The dinner was not good, the shrimp were not cooked enough and were even clear in the inside. I could not eat them. The gals I was with told them about it and they offered to make more but at that point I didn't even want any more. They were supposed to be deep fried. Then we played a trivia game and ended up winning first place. I did not help much but the others, there were 4 of us in a group, seems to know quite a bit about all the categories. We won $50 to be split between us. When I left about 10 the car was completely covered in ice. I had to open up the back of the car to get the ice scrapper because it was so thick it wouldn't melt with the defrosters. There wasn't much traffic so got home okay.

Didn't go to church and it was a good thing because it started to snow and was coming down really hard and fast for a couple of hours. Haven't been anywhere today and don't plan on going anywhere either.

Will have to see tomorrow morning about the roads if i go to Zumba or not. Hoping it looks better by Tuesday, I have to go to Madison for the float and Wednesday my grandson is flying in to Milwaukee so I have to pick him up. This silly weather can really mess things up. But at least we didn't get the 15 to 18 inches up further in Wisconsin or tornados in Arkansas.

Wonder what kind of weather the Boston marathon people will be running in.

Sharon

Sharon, wow you really got hit with bad weather. That sounds like a lot of ice. Luck you were able to get home OK. Then to have bad food as well. But at least you went home with some winnings. The trivia sounded like a lot of fun.

Over the weekend we only got rain. Woke up this morning to snow, but it did not amount to anything as it has stopped already. But my aunt in Oshkosh is snowed in they got so much snow.

So Wednesday your GS is coming in. I thought you had said that is Mom is coming as well. Is that still the case?

So if we were getting this light snow today, I am sure you are getting much worse. So perhaps you will not go to Zumba this morning. So tomorrow you will be doing the float. Let me know how it went. I am very interested to hear how it went.

I am hearing that Boston is getting heavy rain. So it will not be good weather for the marathon today. Once that Nor Easter moves in things are not going to be good at all.

Kathy

We got a lot of snow, everything is covered. My guy called this morning and wanted to know if I wanted to be plowed out but I told him I thought I could get through it and I did. The west side of the highway is covered with snow as the wind is really whipping it back on, even right after the plow goes by. I wanted to go to Zumba because I won't go Tues or Wed. Hope by Wednesday it has melted some because the truck is in the pole barn in the back and there is a lot of snow between here and there.

His mom is not coming and I thought about going back with him, but didn't make up my mind about doing it.

Hope the roads are better tomorrow hate to go all the way to Madison with drifted roads.

I found some good tires Firestones for $757 with a $70 rebate so think I will go with that for the truck. They said they could get them within one day and put them on. That was the best price I have found.

You are lucky you only got rain!

Sharon

Sharon, that does sound like a very good deal for the 4 tires. Once you get the over heating problem fixed then he should be OK to drive it back home. How far of a drive will he have?

I figured that you would get much worse weather than we did here. So we only got rain over the weekend and snow this morning, but it melted as soon as it hit the ground. But I can tell you this, with the high winds it is down right raw out there. So you were able to get out today and go to Zumba. I sure hope everything is good for your drive to Madison tomorrow.

So with you picking up your GS on Wednesday I would think that you will not be going out dancing that night. When is he driving back? If he is staying a few days then you should have a nice visit. What are his plans for the truck once he gets it back home?

Stay warm,

Kathy

Went up to Madison today, 70 miles but not a bad ride, not too bad traffic and found the place real easy. He showed me around and told me all about it and what he thought my experience would be. So you go into this room that has the tub, I picked the whole room not the pod. It has blue lighting and little stars in the ceiling. You take a shower and wash your hair and get in. The music plays for about 10 minutes he said he could keep it playing but I said no 10 min would be fine. Its only about 10 inches deep and the same temp as your body so after a little while when you relax you can't feel the water and its like you are floating in air. They also give you ear plugs and all I could hear was my breathing. I did turn off all the lights to get the full affect, after an hour they music starts again and you know you are done. Then you take another shower and wash and condition your hair and get dressed. Your body feels very relaxed and they have hot tea and water in the relaxation room you can go to afterwards. They had a special deal you could do two more for less money so I signed up for the other two. Next time I will try the pod. See if its any different experience.

Tomorrow is supposed to be very bad weather here so I hope I get to the airport and back before the worst of it hits us.

I don't know why he wants this truck so bad, but he has always said he likes it. I am getting the tires at the dealership in town, so they will go over everything again like belts and oil and anti freeze cause I'm not so sure they other guy did. Got an appointment on Thursday to take it in for the tires.

Not sure how long he is staying, a few days I think. I would like to take him up to the horse fair in Madison on Friday maybe, we'll see how it goes.

Sharon

Sharon, good for you in doing the float and to purchase more to tryout. It will be good to try both, what you did and then the pod the next time to see the one that will work best for you.

So I hope you were able to get your GS before the weather gets real bad. You are supposed to get much more than us around here. Thus far all we have been getting is rain. But the bad stuff for around here is supposed to come in after 7. So you should be able to get the tires installed and for them to go over the truck and make sure it is in good working order. It would be nice for him to say for a few days and let the weather get better. If he could stay it would be nice to take him to horse fair. I remember that you go to it every year.

Bill taught a AARP safe driving course today. Then on Saturday he will be managing the course race in Chicago for the Lakefront 10 miler and 5K race. So hopefullly the weatehr will be much better than it has been.

Kathy

Yes I got to the airport, of course missed the turn off I wanted but its beginning to be the way I go to the airport, do the same thing every time even though I try really hard to get to the right exit. We ran into rain first and then ice before we made it home. Not too bad but glad to be home and out of it. We were going to go to the ball room dancing lessons but they kept saying it was going to snow so we didn't. Got up this morning and instead of the 3 to 5 inches only about an inch. But it is still icy out so glad we didn't go.

The appmnt for the tires is at 1 so by then the icy should be melted pretty good with the bright sun we have now.

Yes plan on going to the horse fair tomorrow and looks like the weather will be fairly decent too which will be good.

So do you and Bill get discounts on your auto ins with the class he teaches? The weather should also be good for the race he is managing. Could it be we are really going to get some spring weather for a change??

Sharon

Sharon, yes we do get a discount on our auto insurance but so does everyone else who takes the course. It is a incentive to get people in to take the course. It is a 2 day course and 4 hours each day.

Well that will be good going to the horse fair tomorrow. You are right about the weather, as it should be even better than today. Also good that you made it home safely, and also good that you did not get much snow. We only got a dusting, and it was only on the grassy areas. All is gone now.

So how did you do today with the truck, putting on 4 new tires and having it all checked out to assure it is in good working order?

You want it a little cool for the runners, not too cool. So Saturday should be good weather for him. He will be driving the course, so not really outside unless something comes up.

Kathy

Got the truck all checked out, changed the oil, antifreeze, wiper blades, replaced lic plate lights and one backup light, checked trans fluid and brake fluid. All added up to another $300 dollars on top of the tires chrg. But now its in good shape, all the mechanics had to come look at it, thought it was in such great shape for the age it was. The tires were original and still had good tread gut they were 24 years old, they looked them up. So good I had new ones put on. My grandson is very happy so that makes me happy too.

Yes the snow is pretty much gone here too with the sun and better temps out side. Tomorrow should be a good day for the horse fair also and the weekend should be good for the race. Looks like things are coming together for outside activities.

My grandson is leaving on Saturday, going to take some tools and stuff so that's also good. Been nice to have someone to talk to.

Sharo

Sharon, that is good that you have the truck all set to go now. Certainly you must have good piece of mind now for him to be driving it back to his home now.

I hope you both have a good time at the horse show today. It should be a good day as far as the weather goes. Saturday should be a good day as far as the weather goes for him to be driving back home.

Yes, Saturday should be a perfect day as far as the weather goes for the race. For me tonight I am going out to eat with all of the girls from bunco. I told you that I have quit the group with all of the this and that was going on and getting too click. But we still are getting tougher once in awhile.

Enjoy and have a great day.

Kathy

Beautiful day and tons of walking, glad to be back home now. It is 70 miles up there so it takes a while driving. Lots and lots of people there. I bought a sparkly t-shirt like top. I think we will go to the dance place tonight and have dinner. Not sure if any of my friends will be there.

Have fun tonight with the girls, maybe they will have changed, probably not likely ha ha.

Sharon

Sharon, is your GS headed back home today? How was dinner at the dance place last night? For me my 1 friend picked me up and drove us there. She is on the same page as me with this group. Since it is my BD today we kind of celebrated it last night. But as far as they go, everything is about the same.

Kind of a cool day today as far as the weather goes. It did not get as warm as they said it was going to be today.

Tonight we are going to see a play that friends of our are in. It is a dinner and play special. So we can get there and have something to eat before the show. The show starts at 8 so we will not be home until sometime around 11. We are going out to eat for my BD on Monday and I will get the BD discount.

So how long of a drive will your GS have going back as far as hours driving time? I am sure you will have him call you once he make it back.

Kathy