Caribbean Princess Deck Plan Changes

gooch47

My apologies if this has been discussed to death, but search didn't help.

We sail on the Caribbean Princess soon and my husband was trying to remember where our cabin is. When he tried to access the deck plans there was a choice between "Before April 1, 2018" and "After April 1, 2018." I, naturally didn't believe him, LOL, but he showed it to me.

Without trying to compare the plans side by side, can someone point me to where we can see a summary of the changes?

This is the third time in three years that Princess has changed deck plans for all ships for a cabin category change. Each time there are many threads like this one asking what improvements are being made to the ship.

Princess just does not seem to want to put on the screen where you select before or after a note to say the reason for the different plans is that some cabin categories are being changed. If they would add this note, it would eliminate a lot of confusion for the passenegrs.

This is the third time in three years that Princess has changed deck plans for all ships for a cabin category change. Each time there are many threads like this one asking what improvements are being made to the ship.

Princess just does not seem to want to put on the screen where you select before or after a note to say the reason for the different plans is that some cabin categories are being changed. If they would add this note, it would eliminate a lot of confusion for the passenegrs.

Though on a good number of these redundant threads the OP admits it occurred to them to simply open the two deck plans side by side, but they thought it would be easier just to ask here instead. To paraphrase an old adage, perhaps it is time to stop responding to those who just want to be handed a fish rather than teach themselves to go fishing. The mere existence of the dated deck plans is more than enough bait for the genuinely curious.

I did try a search and nothing came up.

It would take a long time to compare every deck.

I, too, get annoyed when things get rehashed over and over again. But a quick answer like I got was very appreciated.

I, too, get annoyed when things get rehashed over and over again. But a quick answer like I got was very appreciated.

FYI.....they did cut self laundry rooms in half. (Caribe deck had two washers and one dryer). Can access them only from one side of ship now. Upper decks..so far. Not earth shattering news, but harder to do laundry on those longer cruises!

• 3 weeks later...
4 MB cat mini's changed to Club Class Minis.

One way to show princess our displeasure is to stop booking the outragious Club Class pricroni suites.

A mini suite is a mini suite, to pay $600 to $1500 dollars more per person just to get 2 half bottles of wine and select dinning room sitting is just ridiculous.

That's only my opinion, everyone has their own opinion concerning Club Class mini suites

I AGREE. I dislike it when folks get annoyed on a new thread and expect folks to wander around for hours looking for something.

Then again I am amazed when someone posts and long boring account of their trip and to me is is too wordy or they just want to brag and yak on and on.

There have been many times that I do a search but nothing comes up.

What bothers me is all the people that quote a ten paragraph post. They are just making a general statement, so why quote the entire post? If you want to make a comment on a specific remark, quote just that part of it.. You are making the thread longer than it needs to be.

One way to show princess our displeasure is to stop booking the outragious Club Class pricroni suites.

A mini suite is a mini suite, to pay $600 to $1500 dollars more per person just to get 2 half bottles of wine and select dinning room sitting is just ridiculous.

That's only my opinion, everyone has their own opinion concerning Club Class mini suites

I totally agree with you.

Tony

This board is for the purpose of pax asking questions after some research or not. A simple answer will suffice without a lecture please. OP just wanted to know the difference between one date and another deck plans. Princess now has the club cabins which are rededicated minisuites in the mid section of the ship. If you are not elite, it grants you not only a special section of the MDR for breakfast, lunch (sea days) and dinner, half bottles of wine but also priority boarding and departure, permission to use the elite/suite line at PSD and other benefits. So for elite pax, the offer is not so much. Is it worth it for me, no but for others perhaps so.