New website email

1ANGELCAT

I also received the email. I tried it out...way to many clicks! I was researching the new 21 day Alaska cruise from San Francisco and it wouldn't let me finish. I called HAL and agent said old site will be taken down in a few months, and they appreciate the input they get from Mariners. I gave plenty of input! The web site should have been perfect before they introduced it. For my Sea of Cortez cruise on the Eurodam in November the web site shows La Paz Mexico, the capital of Baja, as being below Puerto Vallarta!

Karen

I received the e-mail, proceeded to the web site on my own and yes it is different than the old but I found everything I needed. Found m

y present cruise already booked, on my account I found my mariner status ( with more info than previous web site) past cruises, dates, points etc. I guess those that complain would want to go back to the very 1st web site ever and live with that. Did a dummy booking for a future cruise and found it OK. A few wrong clicks that took me else where, but found the correct clicks did the job. Go and play around with the various tabs, see what comes up and go with the new. Different is not always bad just takes a bit to get used to. Holland has changed it's site since its 1st edition came out a month or 2 ago. Give them a chance to work the bugs out.

I received the e-mail, proceeded to the web site on my own and yes it is different than the old but I found everything I needed. Found m

y present cruise already booked, on my account I found my mariner status ( with more info than previous web site) past cruises, dates, points etc. I guess those that complain would want to go back to the very 1st web site ever and live with that. Did a dummy booking for a future cruise and found it OK. A few wrong clicks that took me else where, but found the correct clicks did the job. Go and play around with the various tabs, see what comes up and go with the new. Different is not always bad just takes a bit to get used to. Holland has changed it's site since its 1st edition came out a month or 2 ago. Give them a chance to work the bugs out.

What mariner status did you get that you didn't have available before? I just got totals, not the whole list of cruises, so for me that's less not more.

I tried to do a dummy booking of a cruise I'm thinking about and I have up. I did find my way around. It felt like more clicks than in the past, but I found the cruise I was looking for. I wanted to check prices on two cabin categories, and although there's a place to click "edit cabin choice" or something like that, the site refused to accept my change. I started looking at a NS, and it refused to let me see Sig suites. Or any other category. The only way I could find to change the cabin category was to start a new booking.

I agree that different is not always bad. But in this case it is bad because routes to information are blocked. As for giving HAL a chance to work the bugs out, this is WAY TOO BUGGY to go public. Working out the bugs should happen behind the scenes, not "in public" where it frustrates many users.

I checked My Mariner Status Credits on the new site and it's mostly wrong. They got the total credits correct, and the actual sea days, but the bonus total is short. In the list of cruises, every one of 11 cruises since the bonus point Star system began in Dec 2008 is wrong. For example, a 7 day cruise in a Neptune suite with 3 spending credits for a total of 17 is shown instead as 17+7+3 = 27. A non-suite one of 18 days with 4 for spending is shown as 22+4 = 26, etc, etc

I certainly hope HAL didn't pay much for this "upgrade". :eek:

Edited by catl331

Give them a chance to work the bugs out.

Would you feel the same way if the IRS implemented its website this way :rolleyes: ???

The website should be tested by systems' engineers/analysts/programmers/in-house user groups ... not clients!

I received the e-mail as well and when I saw the statement about number of days sailed with no number listed, I thought, a "work in progress".

Why companies, including HAL, have a web site that smoothly works feel the need to make "improvements"? Full employment for the IT folks?

I'd like to t hink they might be in the process of hiring some competent people who can get that web site useable, AT LONG last.

I'd like to think Prince Charming is going to knock on my door, and we'll live happily every after.

Odds are about the same for both of us that we get what we want.

To get to your Mariner Account.

Click on ALREADY BOOKED

Click on MY ACCOUNT left hand side of the drop down menu

Click on MY MARINER STATUS

If a Mariner does not have a cruise booked, they cannot get to their Mariner Account ? :(

HAL REALLY does have to do something a bout that awful site. It is useless the way it is.

Edited by sail7seas

I also received the email. I tried it out...way to many clicks! I was researching the new 21 day Alaska cruise from San Francisco and it wouldn't let me finish. I called HAL and agent said old site will be taken down in a few months, and they appreciate the input they get from Mariners. I gave plenty of input! The web site should have been perfect before they introduced it. For my Sea of Cortez cruise on the Eurodam in November the web site shows La Paz Mexico, the capital of Baja, as being below Puerto Vallarta!

Karen

Yes, the cruise I looked at last night has an itinerary that goes from FLL to Key West to two stops in Cuba, Grand Cayman, Jamaica and back to FLL. The map on the website shows it going to the eastern Caribbean! I mean, they can't even get the right map with the right itinerary.

Oh, and it took far too many clicks to get to that page.

If a Mariner does not have a cruise booked, they cannot get to their Mariner Account ?
No, you just have to click the Already Booked button to find the My Account button ... which is ridiculous! :eek: We have nothing booked and can get into My Account.

No, you just have to click the Already Booked button to find the My Account button ... which is ridiculous! :eek: We have nothing booked and can get into My Account.

It's a triumph of logic over common sense.

You already booked the cruises that gave you the account, no? :rolleyes:

Finally tried this "New" web site, did the following after it was up

Already Booked

Manage Booking

comes up this a split page either or sign in or put in booking number, if you sign in the system it takes you to a enter booking number page, entered booking number and it just sits there and does nothing. If you log out and come back in and do not sign in you get the same split page and put in just the booking you get that booking however if you have multiple bookings you have to close the site and re-open it to get to the next booking number.

I think microsoft must be the designer of this site.

You already booked the cruises that gave you the account, no? :rolleyes:
No, you can create a HAL account and request a Mariner number without ever having a booked any cruise. You simply click Register on the home page. I have a friend that did it. She had sailed on Princess and was interested in exploring HAL offerings.

I am a 4 star and I did have most all the info on Mariner before, but Listed now is for separate for each cruise; name of ship, dates sailed, destination, number of cruise days , on board spending points if earned, suite points if used,(one time), total points for each cruise. In a separate area is a grand total of cruise day credits, total cruise days only, bonus days, how many credits needed to next level.

... name of ship, dates sailed, destination, number of cruise days , on board spending points if earned, suite points if used,(one time), total points for each cruise.
Is your total for each cruise correct? Mine aren't. In every case they've counted the bonus credits twice in the total. See post #33. Edited by catl331