Fair dinkum I am giving up Cruzin

Yes it does rain Sometimes in Sydney. I have been through those Sydney heads in heavy rain (April 2015) Superstorm.. We went out through it, while other ships couldn't come-in. I think it was we had to get to Hawaii by a certain day. was delayed till after 10:00 so the winds would die down.. But on 16 other cruises no rain.. Love sitting in a pod or bench cruiseing out with the sun setting in the west... Oh i'm missing it now..

I was on a ship in April 2015 which couldn't come in. We had to endure an extra day at sea. Oh the torture...;)

I was on a ship in April 2015 which couldn't come in. We had to endure an extra day at sea. Oh the torture...;)

You wheren't on the Carnival Spirit. It was on of the ships that couldn't enter Sydney Harbour. The worst thing wasn't going through the storm itself; but hearing on the news that 3 people passed away just north of Maitland (where i live). I had been there only 4 days before hand. May we all have smooth journeys..

Be careful of what you wish ...

fb posts show heavy snow on QM2, after being delayed 24 hours leaving New York.

I thought you would take a modicum of pleasure Uncle Les.

And why we don't cruise from NJ/NY in January even tho they're stinking cheap.

Check out Norwegian breakaway story coming in to NY after that bomb winter storm last week. Talk about dipping diving!!!. Whoa

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You wheren't on the Carnival Spirit. It was on of the ships that couldn't enter Sydney Harbour. The worst thing wasn't going through the storm itself; but hearing on the news that 3 people passed away just north of Maitland (where i live). I had been there only 4 days before hand. May we all have smooth journeys..

Yeah poor Dungog got hit bad.

We are at Ashtonfield and missed the worst. I had to work that day, an eerie drive home from Newcastle.

We’d had breakfast with the mayor on a ship just a few months earlier, saw Him on TV during the super storm he looked devestated.

Drats the forecast is still the same for sail away tomorrow, yet today is perfect.

Friday 12 January

Summary showers.png Min 24 Max 33 Showers developing. Possible storm. Possible rainfall: 2 to 10 mm Chance of any rain: 70% rain_70.gif Melbourne area

Cloudy. High (70%) chance of showers, most likely in the afternoon and evening. The chance of a thunderstorm in the afternoon and evening. Winds north to northeasterly 15 to 25 km/h becoming northerly 30 to 45 km/h in the morning then shifting cooler southwesterly 20 to 30 km/h in the evening.

Edited by castaway01

• 3 months later...

As I wrote in my first post, the prediction of rain and winds came true, it was miserable sailing away, most people stayed inside , one Lady made me laugh, about 3/4 of the way down Port Phillip Bay I got in a lift, and there was this lady who already had a few drinks and she was complaining of feeling sea sick, now in the bay the ship hardly rocks, so I could not resist and said to her just wait till you hit Bass Strait .

The weather for the crossing to the Islands was not kind, with rain squalls, on our stop in Noumea in the afternoon just after we got back from our shore tour this huge thunderstorm hit, and it poured heavy rain , the good thing about that was the torrent of water running down the streets flushed out all the urine left in the side streets around the port area, but it did smell bad.

Did feel sad for the returning passengers who were out on tours, they came back like drowned rats.

Anyhow we are heading off on another cruz next week in Brisbane and of course whats the weather report

3-15mm rain , the chance of a thunderstorm , 30KM wind, there goes another sail away.

Edited by castaway01

A week ago on Explorer of the Seas, the Captain ordered everyone off the outside decks and to go inside as we were about to hit a thunderstorm off the NSW coast.

We were at dinner beside the windows in MDR and it was certainly a lightning display around us.

I have since wondered how safe it is being on a cruiseship in the middle of a severe electrical storm!

The calmest cruises we have done was when RCI had the Top End cruises in Oct - Nov (time now used for music charter cruises) The rest have all been a bit of hit and miss weather wise as we expected, part of the experience.

Enjoyed them all.

Just adding one of the roughest afternoon/evenings was in Port Phillip Bay. On the Diamond Princess, had to anchor in the bay as the Dawn Princess couldn’t get out. One hellava storm, very windy. First time the Captain said he had to anchor in such windy conditions.

Edited by megsie

As I wrote in my first post, the prediction of rain and winds came true, it was miserable sailing away, most people stayed inside , one Lady made me laugh, about 3/4 of the way down Port Phillip Bay I got in a lift, and there was this lady who already had a few drinks and she was complaining of feeling sea sick, now in the bay the ship hardly rocks, so I could not resist and said to her just wait till you hit Bass Strait .

The weather for the crossing to the Islands was not kind, with rain squalls, on our stop in Noumea in the afternoon just after we got back from our shore tour this huge thunderstorm hit, and it poured heavy rain , the good thing about that was the torrent of water running down the streets flushed out all the urine left in the side streets around the port area, but it did smell bad.

Did feel sad for the returning passengers who were out on tours, they came back like drowned rats.

Anyhow we are heading off on another cruz next week in Brisbane and of course whats the weather report

3-15mm rain , the chance of a thunderstorm , 30KM wind, there goes another sail away.

Yep, it seems the weather keeps coming for you.:(

A week ago on Explorer of the Seas, the Captain ordered everyone off the outside decks and to go inside as we were about to hit a thunderstorm off the NSW coast.

We were at dinner beside the windows in MDR and it was certainly a lightning display around us.

I have since wondered how safe it is being on a cruiseship in the middle of a severe electrical storm!

The calmest cruises we have done was when RCI had the Top End cruises in Oct - Nov (time now used for music charter cruises) The rest have all been a bit of hit and miss weather wise as we expected, part of the experience.

Enjoyed them all.

Just adding one of the roughest afternoon/evenings was in Port Phillip Bay. On the Diamond Princess, had to anchor in the bay as the Dawn Princess couldn’t get out. One hellava storm, very windy. First time the Captain said he had to anchor in such windy conditions.

was that December 2014, we were on the Century and couldn't get into the bay as the ships there couldn't get out, the Diamond was one of them. We went to Burnie instead and then back to Melbourne before going to Hobart, so we crossed the Bass strait 4 times. Two of the trips were a bit rocky.

was that December 2014, we were on the Century and couldn't get into the bay as the ships there couldn't get out, the Diamond was one of them. We went to Burnie instead and then back to Melbourne before going to Hobart, so we crossed the Bass strait 4 times. Two of the trips were a bit rocky.

Yes, December ‘14. We returned to a very sombre Sydney, just after the Lindt Cafe siege.

We had entered Port Phillip Bay earlier in sunshine and moderate winds, remembering playing putput golf on the way in. But the storm hit so quickly.

Yes, December ‘14. We returned to a very sombre Sydney, just after the Lindt Cafe siege.

We had entered Port Phillip Bay earlier in sunshine and moderate winds, remembering playing putput golf on the way in. But the storm hit so quickly.

We were embarking on the day the Lindt café incident happened, many of our party were delayed or had their travel plans affected due to them closing parts of the city and it affecting the traffic and public transport. Luckily, we all made it on board in time.