Holland America Maasdam Lanai Stateroom

Cruz5017

Am scheduled for a 33 day cruise aboard the Maasdam in March 2017. Has anybody stayed in a Lanai Stateroom on Deck 6 - Lower Promenade? Am interested in knowing about any possible noise from above (e.g., galley) and the privacy of the room.

Thanks

Absolutely avoid the rooms under the galley, all of them!! They'll be rolling carts over your heads all night long.

Privacy is only an issue when it's dark outside and you have the lights on in the room, so keep the curtains closed after dusk. The windows are coated with a reflective layer which keeps anyone from seeing into your room during the daylight hours.

We haven't had a Lanai but have stayed in OV rooms on Maasdam on LP deck. It's a great deck and wonderful location if you can deal with the slightly smaller rooms. They have a loveseat instead of a full size couch and the furniture in the Lanai rooms is switched around to make room for the sliding glass door to the deck. The vanity is smaller and there are fewer drawers.

Happy planning, m--

Am scheduled for a 33 day cruise aboard the Maasdam in March 2017. Has anybody stayed in a Lanai Stateroom on Deck 6 - Lower Promenade? Am interested in knowing about any possible noise from above (e.g., galley) and the privacy of the room.

Thanks

I did 21 days in Maasdam Lanai 361, and I loved it. You will have some noise early in the morning when the crew hoses down the deck and sets up the deck chairs, but since I am an early riser, it did not bother me. The vibrations from the thrusters can be intense when entering and leaving port; on the first departure I thought I was having a seizure. I would not hesitate to do it again. Although I eventually received an upsell, I booked a Lanai on the Rotterdam for 90 days!

• 1 year later...