Silhouette Celebrity Suite-side of hump or not?

NCHPcruiser

Our TA has given us a pretty good price on upgrading our SS to a CS on our upcoming Baltics cruise. We have sailed in a CS on the Millennium but not on an S-Class but have been in one that was square/rectangular and not on an angle. We liked it however we keep reading about the oversized balconies on the angled ones. Does anyone know how or if the interior is configured differently to accommodate the different shape? Preferences? Thanks!

Martha

The cabins are all the same size. The only difference is the balcony size. MUCH bigger. Is it a forward or aft facing on the slant. We are booked in a Celebrity Suite on the forward side of the hump. The ones on the forward slant are a little larger than the ones on the aft slant but both are large balconies.

We prefer the larger balcony as to the straight of the hump. Plus the lounge chairs (we request an extra) can face the sea outward rather than sideways if this helps. Some prefer being on the straight of the hump for the view in all directions. Just a matter of preference.

Enjoy.

Thank you, gerelmx and Want2Cruise for your help. We did decide on the slant although it is forward facing not aft. Husband is a very early riser even on a cruise and me, not so much, so the separate bedroom really does make for a better trip!

We had a forward facing hump CS on our last cruise. The size of the balcony is great but we couldn’t use the balcony when we were underway.

The winds from the bow are very strong and there wasn’t a way to get out of the wind. Maybe the speed will be slower on your cruise.

Have sailed in CS with cabins forward and aft of the hump, with the oversized balcony. We have also sailed in a CS with the “normal” sized balcony. If there is a size difference in the interior portion of the cabin, it is minimal and we never noticed the difference. Yes, there is the wind issue with hump forward facing cabins. For us, as long as we were sitting closer to the cabin sliding glass door, wind was not an issue. If we stood along the rail, it was an issue. Just our experience. Different itineraries and actual wind direction/speed may be a factor.

We are going in June and I just upgraded this past weekend from the Sky to the CS. I saw a video on you tube of the actual cabin 1233 and could not resist after seeing the HUGE balcony. Now my problem is obsessing with wanting to upgrade again to a Royal...LOL We are going to celebrate our 40th anniversary, if I do that upgrade I may not have 41st!. LOL

We are going in June and I just upgraded this past weekend from the Sky to the CS. I saw a video on you tube of the actual cabin 1233 and could not resist after seeing the HUGE balcony. Now my problem is obsessing with wanting to upgrade again to a Royal...LOL We are going to celebrate our 40th anniversary, if I do that upgrade I may not have 41st!. LOL

Ahhh, but you are a "rich man." Also, it is only money, so if it is a great deal...why not snag it! One more thing...there is not enough space around the sink for all of your wife's necessities! An RS would have so much more room and an enormous bathroom too!

Now my problem is obsessing with wanting to upgrade again to a Royal...LOL We are going to celebrate our 40th anniversary, if I do that upgrade I may not have 41st!. LOL

You could always choose a Royal suite on your next cruise as a surprise, to 'celebrate' your 41st ;)

We have 1233 for our Equinox sailing in June. We too upgraded from the Sky Suite as well. I have been thinking about upgrading more to the RS if the price comes down a bit but the one thing wanting to keep me in the CS is the balcony. A big balcony means alot to us. I've been seeing some you tube videos of the RS and the balcony doesn't look very large especially if you add an extra lounger. The tub seems to take up the majority of the space. It also doesn't have the depth either. Decisions. Decisions.

We have 1233 for our Equinox sailing in June. We too upgraded from the Sky Suite as well. I have been thinking about upgrading more to the RS if the price comes down a bit but the one thing wanting to keep me in the CS is the balcony. A big balcony means alot to us. I've been seeing some you tube videos of the RS and the balcony doesn't look very large especially if you add an extra lounger. The tub seems to take up the majority of the space. It also doesn't have the depth either. Decisions. Decisions.

My biggest draw to the RS is 3 other couples (possibly 4) going with us. It would be nice to have a non public place to relax in maybe even have a meal. We could even renew our vows in the cabin (the main reason for the cruise) but I have already paid for 3 balcony cabins in addition to our suite. Tough to make the jump to the RS unless it is a huge discount on the price. Kind of over budget on the trip... LOL